4pockets Aurora vs Synergy

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aurora and Synergy are both on sale. Quickly, what's the difference between them?

Aurora displays 16 steps, while Synergy is wonderfully spacious 32 steps wide.
But, it seems, that you won't be able to transpose Synergy while playing live, whereas Aurora does that.

What else?

What about TNR-i?

Edit
Well shit! So I went to buy the Aurora because I was afraid the sale would be over tomorrow, and the transpose that I was so badly needing is done as awkwardly as I imagine it is done in Synergy, so there went my €25. I could have bought the other wise handier looking synergy just as well while saving money. :dog:
There is a keyboard, but you don't transpose with that. Oh no! Instead, you first touch the keyboard, after which the grid goes into a transpose mode where you must touch from as many half steps higher or lower you think you want to go, but after you have figured out how many semitones you want to jump, the time alrady went. Not to mention what happened to the melody you were trying to improvise while juggling with the transpose function.

Y not just push the key you want to go?!?

Warning!

Don't think that the higher price means more robust and sophisticated application, like I did; I bought the Synergy and it is so much better, than Aurora in every respect.

Please 4pockets, just add sensible real time pattern transposing via keyboard.

But otherwise it's my favorite sequencer in the world.
Last edited by Step child on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I would advise you contact apple through itunes. in certain circumstances they are authorised to give refunds. surprisingly, you can get refunds for just having made the wrong decision, though i'd imagine this not to be so easy if there had been a demo

I had been deliberating over korg gadget and ipolysix. ended up going for ipoly and immediately felt disappointment and regretted the purchase. wrote to apple, and asked for a refund on the grounds that the app didn't live up to expectations, and assured them that i would use the refunded money to buy gadget. i did end up getting the refund, and ended up with gadget

just be courteous and cool, and see if you can get the purchase reversed

by the way, in the delay between my request and the eventual refund i ended up really getting into ipolysix so will eventually re-buy it :D

and i love tnr-i. barely scratched the surface so have no clue if it's what you are after though.

Thank's for the tip, although I don't feel too strongly being a victim of false marketing. It stings a bit, but as the Synergy is so brilliant, I guess I could consider the extra 25€ as a tip for supporting their development.

I was thinking about the Tnr-i for a long time before pulling the trigger on the Aurora. Mainly I''m searching for a step sequencer, that you can transpose with a keyboard. Aurora and Tnr-i seem very similar, but it might be fun to compare them some day. But I need other apps first and I think the Synergy is now the king of iPad sequencers.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I would advise you contact apple through itunes. in certain circumstances they are authorised to give refunds. surprisingly, you can get refunds for just having made the wrong decision, though i'd imagine this not to be so easy if there had been a demo

I had been deliberating over korg gadget and ipolysix. ended up going for ipoly and immediately felt disappointment and regretted the purchase. wrote to apple, and asked for a refund on the grounds that the app didn't live up to expectations, and assured them that i would use the refunded money to buy gadget. i did end up getting the refund, and ended up with gadget

just be courteous and cool, and see if you can get the purchase reversed
^

Its actually incredibly easy, http://reportaproblem.apple.com

You login with your itunes account, it then lets you get a list of all your apps, you hit report problem on one, select a reason, and usually if you've purchased it less than a month ago they immediately refund you. Ive done this twice so far where devs have put an app on sale, then immediately dropped the sale price another 75% the next day after a first drop. So I just refund, wait a few hours till its removed from account, then re-buy

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”