ReChord for iOS - get an automatic chord chart for all your songs!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,

I have been working on a this app for a very long time and it's finally out!
Check it out:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rechord ... ?ls=1&mt=8

It's pretty simple: you choose any song that is stored on your iPhone/iPad and in less than 1 second it will analyse the song for chords. You can play along as the chords names and guitar diagrams scroll along, change the key, slow down playback speed, and even put a capo on the strings and use 60+ alternate tunings for guitar, bass and ukulele.

There is even a nice frozen sound effect when you touch the scrolling waveform.

The detection engine is pretty fast and accurate: the first chords are detected in less than 1 second on an iPhone 5S, and most songs are transcribed in 5 to 10 seconds.

I'm already working on a small update to fix some issues and a bigger update to add some nice features.

I hope you'll like it. Let me know what you think!

Sébastien

Looks interesting - what is the difference between the free and pro versions?

aMUSEd: I should have mentioned it indeed. The app is free to try, the free version will only show the first 30 seconds of the songs you analyse. You can unlock the features with in app purchases. There are three packages:
- The amateur packages enables you to see all the song (it removed the time limit)
- The Performer package additionally enables pitch shifting and time stretching
- The pro package adds alternate guitare tunings, advanced chord detection (sus2, sus4, 9th, 13th...) and the Capo

To be fair there is an upgrade path to the pro version whatever the version you bought first, you can upgrade to the pro or performer versions for the same cost than buying the pro version from the start.

Cheers,

S.

Thanks - it should probably say all this in the Applestore too

Also in the UK store I am only seeing the pro pack, not the others

Can it detect jazz chords?

Yes, you are right, I'll reword the description tonight. I don't know why the UK store only shows the pro package, I'll have a look.

Only the pro version tries to detect advanced chords. The basic version does minor, major, 7th and diminished. The pro version tries to detect sus2, sus4, 5, 5-, 5+, 7, M7, 9, 9-, 9+, mM7, and 13. Advanced chords are very complex and sometimes the algorithm gets them wrong. I certainly don't claim perfect detection but it should work fine at least 80% of the time. And things will get better as more people use it.

S.

Thanks - I think I would want it primarily to detect chords I can't work out easily like Jazz chords, simple chords you don't usually need a detector to work out anyway. Pity there is no way to demo the advanced detection. Maybe the free version should do everything the pro does but just for 30 seconds?

I like it, bought the Advanced version. For some reason I couldn't get it to scroll all the chords all the way down while the song was playing. I couldn't pinch the screen smaller either. The parts I couldn't see were just repeats of earlier parts of the song, to be fair, so I'm gonna try later with a song with different parts all the way through.
Ilk

Scrolled better on the next song I tried.
Ilk

So it's like that chordify site? Any plans for android?

@I. Lehti: I'm working on fixing these bugs and submitting a new version to Apple ASAP. I don't know why but they didn't show up during beta testing.

@arkmabat: yes we use similar tech except they use off the shelf libs while I use custom optimised ones to make it work fast on a phone, and also the big difference is that you don't need an internet connection to use ReChord: it's analysis is entirely running on the Phone's CPU.

I have plans for an android version but I'd like to get the iOS version right first. There's a lot of optims to rewrite for Android too...

meeloo wrote:@I. Lehti: I'm working on fixing these bugs and submitting a new version to Apple ASAP. I don't know why but they didn't show up during beta testing.

@arkmabat: yes we use similar tech except they use off the shelf libs while I use custom optimised ones to make it work fast on a phone, and also the big difference is that you don't need an internet connection to use ReChord: it's analysis is entirely running on the Phone's CPU.

I have plans for an android version but I'd like to get the iOS version right first. There's a lot of optims to rewrite for Android too...
Nice work and let us know your progress

The scrolling stops every time I go in to settings and change something. Great app though. I would like it even more if the current chord was highlighted better than it is currently.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Gonna see how it does on a Steely Dan tune.
Ilk

can you say
capo touch?

what is really needed is an app that can follow a melody line and tab it

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”