Tera for iPad!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks really good - lots of new modules, physical modelling, nice clean new gui - makes me hope they will update the PC/Mac version too:

http://www.virsyn.net/mobileapp/index.p ... 5&Itemid=8

Oh wow! Very impressive. The first synth app in months that has intrigued me. Thanks for posting.

Gives me a glimmer of hope that the vsti/au plug-in will get a 64-bit update. Still a favorite…
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

---Bought it this morning and finally had a chance to try it out on my iPad 4 running 7.1...Lots of digital artifacts and distortion during and after the sound is released. I tried my other apps and this didn't happen.
Has this happened to any of you? The sounds are unusable at this point.. :(

Haven't noticed anything like that, and I visit several other sites and know of 30-40 people who have bought it and no one else has mentioned it either.

Has their virtual MIDI support improved any over, say Cube? In Cube you can't configure on a per-CoreMIDI interface basis, only MIDI channel. And I couldn't see any way of running it in the background, so it can't easily be run from an iOS sequencer. Both Launchkey and Alchemy Mobile seem to handle virtual MIDI better.

Still only midi channel from what I can see

---Aural Chaos, still this is what is happening with mine. I have tons of other apps and this is the only one doing this (well the Micro Tera is also but it's the same developer). I have deleted it and reinstalled it so hopefully both were just bad installs, I'm looking forward to using this so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm glad nobody else is having this problem...

blurk wrote:Has their virtual MIDI support improved any over, say Cube? In Cube you can't configure on a per-CoreMIDI interface basis, only MIDI channel. And I couldn't see any way of running it in the background, so it can't easily be run from an iOS sequencer. Both Launchkey and Alchemy Mobile seem to handle virtual MIDI better.
Switch for background audio is down by the keyboard, on the right, but for some reason only visible when you are on the FX page.

Sorry you are having that problem Scott, like I said that's the first I've heard of it, which I know doesn't help you much...

--Thanks, I solved it (kind of)! On some of the patches the delay was overmodulating creating these continuous artifacts of the sounds so I disabled the whatever it is with the notes behind it and the problem went away. Whatever that is didn't make that much difference to my ear anyway so now I am happy...

Aural Chaos wrote:Switch for background audio is down by the keyboard, on the right, but for some reason only visible when you are on the FX page.
Thanks for that, it makes a big difference to my perception of the product. Strange of them to bury the option on only one page, especially when they use the same UI element above the keyboard on 3 of the 4 pages.

Same thing in microTera and Cube, but not in Addictive. iVoxel also has it only on one page.
Makes no sense....

If you need a sound demo visit my facebook page : Synth Anatomy or on youtube the videos ;) Bass, Keys and ARP Sounds, I have made demos ;)

Thanks in advance for watching ;)

PS: it's a great synth, very complex
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”