CAUSTIC audio rack for Android

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess what I meant was can I change the path to point to my SD card, where I have more storage available-
"..because anybody can
or should be able to rock off turntables
Grab the mic, plug it in and begin
..." -KRS-One
www.myspace.com/synthlegend

Sielsynth wrote:I guess what I meant was can I change the path to point to my SD card, where I have more storage available-
I'll have a look at what can be done for the next version (2.1) but from what I can find the Thrive has at least 16Gb internal storage...

I just downloaded and installed, played with it for an hour, then bought the full version. Thank you very much for such a fun and great sounding app. It's easily the nicest Android music app I've seen.
Will there ever be a Kindle Fire version?

Cordelia wrote:I just downloaded and installed, played with it for an hour, then bought the full version. Thank you very much for such a fun and great sounding app. It's easily the nicest Android music app I've seen.
Will there ever be a Kindle Fire version?
Thanks. Yes, version 2.0 will probably be published on Kindle as well. Someone did a quick test for me and said it ran fine. They also said the latency was even worse than other Android devices (186ms!)

Thanks for the reply!
I look forward to the Kindle version. Latency is a drawback with Android for sure, but with Caustic Audio Rack I can write tunes anyway.
The drums, the filters, the synths all sound great. The various sequencers are all easy and fun to use. The workflow is smooth- there are some nice touches. It proves to me that touch pad is a very nice way to interface with audio software.
$3.99. Amazing. Really. Thank you.

I love 2.0 and am wondering what is coming in 2.1.

I also agree, this shows how much can be done on a touch screen, even my tiny 4" one. Caustic is a joy to work with.

One suggestion: on the pattern selection screen, allow multi-selecting of patterns to be chained in sequence, ie, 'type' out the selected patterns you want to insert at the cursor, and have them displayed just underneath the buttons. You could tap for instance '1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,3,3,4,4' and save a lot of time building your song. When you have it all lined up, press 'ok' and you are done.
Last edited by braj on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:I love 2.0 and am wondering what is coming in 2.1. One suggestion is the possibility of getting the option of inverting the filter in Subsynth, it is one of my favorite analog synth controls and widens the sonic possibilities considerably
Hi, if you keep scrolling the filter types, there's a full set of inverted ones..it's just not a button or tickbox like you might be used to.

As for what's in 2.1, I'm going to keep that quiet for now. I'm still experimenting so nothing's final and I don't want to make any promises.

SingleCell wrote:
braj wrote:I love 2.0 and am wondering what is coming in 2.1. One suggestion is the possibility of getting the option of inverting the filter in Subsynth, it is one of my favorite analog synth controls and widens the sonic possibilities considerably
Hi, if you keep scrolling the filter types, there's a full set of inverted ones..it's just not a button or tickbox like you might be used to.

As for what's in 2.1, I'm going to keep that quiet for now. I'm still experimenting so nothing's final and I don't want to make any promises.
, i just deleted my comment after remembering seeing that and realizing I was wrong :) I need to spend some time with headphones and make my own sounds.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

SingleCell wrote: As for what's in 2.1, I'm going to keep that quiet for now. I'm still experimenting so nothing's final and I don't want to make any promises.
An arpaggiator would be mighty cool :) maybe it would help make up a little for the latency of Android, it would probably work well in 'real-time.'

The ability to 'clear all' in the sequencer's piano roll view would be really helpful. Right now this is there in pattern piano rolls but missing in the main sequencer.

Ok, I give up...
Help me guys...

How can I create a longer note, for pads, for example, in subsynth sequencer (the individual sequencer for instruments)...
I spread the note for right but it reach the end of screen, not allowing me spreading it for 4 bars for example...

PlasticSoul wrote:Ok, I give up...
Help me guys...

How can I create a longer note, for pads, for example, in subsynth sequencer (the individual sequencer for instruments)...
I spread the note for right but it reach the end of screen, not allowing me spreading it for 4 bars for example...
You have to use the sequencer, not the individual pattern editor. You select the machine in the upper right corner.

Thanks, zvon.

But this way I have only one instrument pattern for the entire track.
I want more bars in the sequencer with a,b,c,d and numbers... So, no way for this?

PlasticSoul wrote:Thanks, zvon.

I want more bars in the sequencer with a,b,c,d and numbers... So, no way for this?
Not yet, it's something I want to investigate for the next version. But for now the patterns are all 1 bar.

You can mix and match patterns and sequencer notes on an instrument though, so you're not stuck using only the sequencer for an instrument once you start using it. They're just two different ways of triggering notes, each with their own advantages / disadvantages.

SingleCell wrote:
PlasticSoul wrote:Thanks, zvon.

Not yet, it's something I want to investigate for the next version. But for now the patterns are all 1 bar.

You can mix and match patterns and sequencer notes on an instrument though, so you're not stuck using only the sequencer for an instrument once you start using it. They're just two different ways of triggering notes, each with their own advantages / disadvantages.
ah, ok, thanks... I thought it was noobness...
I like pads/and atmospheres a lot, its a suggestion for next versions: longer bars in the instruments sequencers.

By the way, great app! congratulations! :)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”