CAUSTIC audio rack for Android

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to get Caustic to use the Samples folder I've installed on my SD card. It looks like Caustic will only search for samples in a couple of places. Is there any way I can bring my Samples folder to Caustic's attention?
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

I believe I can navigate to any folders on my SD card from Caustic on my HTC Droid, and also my Kindle.

This is what I think I did-
Click the sample name to search, the yellow list opens, scroll to the top of the list, click the ...
That takes me up a folder level. Keep clicking ... until I see my SD card folders.

Does that work for you?

Cordelia wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:Update: The rumors on the net are that the ASUS MeMO 370T and the Google Nexus Tablet are the SAME DEVICE and will cost around $199. Very interesting development! :-)

--Sean
Nice! I'm shopping a bit, but I want a larger screen. I've got the Kindle with the 7" screen now. It's a good size, really, in part because it's so easy to hold a 7" screen with one hand.
These tablets are getting cheaper. They are a lot of fun. I'll be interested to find out what you purchase, if you do, and how you like it.
Yeah, I'm watching and waiting to see what is announced.

Here's some interesting speculation--rumors suggest there's a 10" version that is coming too:

http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/viewtopic ... 66&p=60391

Rumors are a lot of fun, except when they don't pan out. ;-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

The only problem that I see, is that Google I/O is taking place at the end of July (June 27th to 29th). I really don't want to wait that long. :-(

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Just wanna say thanks a lot SingleCell.
This app is great, and I love working with Caustic.
No trouble with it at all, and the latency isn't that bad considering the platform.

How did I not notice the waveform editor for the Subsynth before? This is just great.
The Subsynth really sounds good on my Kindle btw, I didn't realize it when using Caustic on my phone. The D/A converter or headphone amp on my phone must suck. Also just wanted to mention that the fx really are very nice. I love the reverb.

Cordelia wrote:How did I not notice the waveform editor for the Subsynth before? This is just great.
The Subsynth really sounds good on my Kindle btw, I didn't realize it when using Caustic on my phone. The D/A converter or headphone amp on my phone must suck. Also just wanted to mention that the fx really are very nice. I love the reverb.
Thanks,

The subsynth uses wavetables, which has the advantage of supporting stuff like custom-drawn waveforms, but has the disadvantage of not sounding quite as crisp as band-limited oscillators. Plus with the basic linear interpolation used, it can get quite aliased in the high notes. Still, it's a phone app so I'm ok with the balance of CPU vs quality as it is right now. I'm still itching to create a full modular, but because it has to be functional on a small screen, I haven't come up with the solution yet.

SingleCell wrote:Thanks,

The subsynth uses wavetables, which has the advantage of supporting stuff like custom-drawn waveforms, but has the disadvantage of not sounding quite as crisp as band-limited oscillators. Plus with the basic linear interpolation used, it can get quite aliased in the high notes. Still, it's a phone app so I'm ok with the balance of CPU vs quality as it is right now. I'm still itching to create a full modular, but because it has to be functional on a small screen, I haven't come up with the solution yet.
A full modular would be wonderful!
I agree that you've struck a good balance. I can hear aliasing on the upper notes, but it's not a bother, there are cool sounds in abundance. I'm still amazed at Caustic.

EDIT: Never mind. My PC just couldn't see into the folder. I used a file explorer for my KF to find and move the file to another folder.

ORIGINAL TEXT: Caustic says it exported a midi on my Kindle Fire, but the export folder is empty, and search can't find the midi.

I just updated the app. I had no idea so much had been added. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I use the app to doodle electronic stuff at work. It occurred to me that I could work on my rock stuff too. That's how I found out that it doesn't export midi.

I hope I gave you another sale after I demoed it for the heavy metal customer at work. He sure seemed exited about it. You know it's the best, right?
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

With a new Windows phone that runs Win 10.1, would it be possible to just take the portable Caustic folder for Windows, put it on the phone, and it would load up?

http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/caustic

It would take you less time to try it out than to wait for us to reply...
So did that work?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”