Windows Phone 7 music-making apps?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any nice apps? I won't make a track entirely on it, I just need the app to draft down some tunes before I forget them. I hate when I have a truly awesome tune which could skyrocket me to fame in my brain while I am outside, then forgetting it when I eventually reach my PC at home. Happens to us all the time...

Is there any nice apps which lets me draft down melodies on a Windows Phone 7 and save them? I am not sure if this helps, but I am planning to use Cubase. And, no I hate iPhones, Androids, Blackberries and others. I just want Windows Phone!

Thanks for your recommendations!

Hi,

I wrote a friend of mine and this is what he said.
Back in the day windows mobile was conducive to music development but with windows phone 7 the platform is null for music unfortunately, at least for synthesis. However there is hope for sample playback so I will investigate.
Thanks. God Bless.

Aaron.

yes, for older development on windows mobile 6.1, there were many good opportunities for music.

One was milkytracker, which is now built for android, if you can use adb.

griff was a spectacular tool which was quite innovative for its' day, as was meteor, which (like any other aspiring developer) have migrated to iOS.

However, with ICS, android may have native development kit support for audio and less latency.

Because windows phone 7 provides no native way to synthesize audio, unfortunately windows phone apps are not conducive to audio, due to their need to run on the common language runtime, much like the dalvik interpreter's posing of a challenge to run code quickly on devices.

i would pickup an old windows mobile and run a gameboy emulator and run nanoloop (also now on iOS), or lsdj roms. That is what i used to do.

Or an older palm pilot with bhaji's loops which is now free (my old palm with os4 could not handle such a beast :0) )

also check out the-palm-sound.blogspot.com for the latest in mobile music info, and the touchsound podcast. Heave iOS focus though.

For windows phone 7, all there is that i know of is a cheap little ocarina app, honey ocarina, and a few laughable guitar tuners. I would say that the future may present more stellar opportunities for developers looking to target windows phone with the xact audio framework, as xna allows for this on windows phone.

I will have a look, as if anything, maybe a controller interface on windows phone could interact with kinekt for the xbox or maybe pc as well, much like touchOSC for iphone and android. You could offload the synthesis work to a windows or mac computer, and use windows phone as the touch interface.

Anyway, hope this helps. I have a windows phone Bible that i made but M$ locks down the xap files so tight that i am not allowed to share it methinks :0(

Trying to get it in the app store but windows development is such a moving target these days.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
-John 3:16

I have made an small daw app tfor Windows Phone 7, it is called Zquence Studio. Take a look on it. :)

http://www.windowsphone.com/sv-se/store ... 396dfba5e9

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”