Should I get a Akai Synthstation 25?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, I don't remember seeing any power warning.
Regards, Nic (Audeonic Apps).

Fwiw: Power warnings seem to be a more or less obvious thing on iOS devices. I get them once when I connect, say, a USB extension cable, the next time I'm using the same cable, the warnings are gone and my iPhone is charging perfectly.
No idea what kinda stunt Apple is pulling off here...

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

You resurrected by thread.

In the end I was given a SS25 for Christmas, wahay!!

Its also the first midi controller I've ever owned. Can't believe I lived on a keyboard and mouse before.

Breeze wrote:
In the meantime, I'm quite happy with the little "25": it's really great with nanostudio and does class-compliant USB when connected to my laptop. Sure it's limited, velocity isn't that great, but then it was only $65! :D
I connected my synthstation25 to my MBP's USB port via a cable, and none of my Midi Software on the laptop (Digital Performer v.8, NI's Pro-53, Arturia's SEM Oberheim virtual instrument) saw any Midi Data coming in. What am I doing wrong? The transpose lights lit up when pressed on the Synthstation keyboard, so it was definitely getting power, from the laptop....Is it necessary to have the phone plugged in?

thanks for any help.
Tommy M.

Not sure what you are doing wrong, but I can confirm you don't need to have the phone plugged in. Mine works fine on my iMac into logic express.
Instant human just add coffee

Thanks, BN - encouraged by your message, I tried a different cable, and . . . voila! Thanks again...
Tommy

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”