DM1 The Drum Machine. THE UPDATE!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.idesignsound.com/coming-soon ... port-more/
Coming Soon: DM1 Drum Machine Update Will Add FX Per Track, Sample Import, MIDI Support & More!

Date Added: Sep 18, 2012
Fingerlab have provided details of what we can expect in the next major update of DM1 - The Drum Machine. Highlights include FX per track, sample import, MIDI support, new drum kits, and more!

What's coming:

FX Per Track (individual setting per track to activate the FX)
Sample Import to create User Kits
MIDI implementation
New Drum Kits
And many more new features…

DM1 is an advanced vintage Drum Machine. It turns your iPhone into a fun and creative beat making machine.
Easy and fast to use, loaded with 64 superb electronic drum kits and beautiful hyper-realistic graphics, DM1 has been designed for a lot of instant fun.

Bring it on! ;)

I wonder if it will have FX per track, sample import, and midi.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Odd time signatures feature will be great too.
< Bill Bruford on King Crimson: This is a band where you get to play in weird time signatures and still stay in nice hotels >

wondering what the MIDI implementaion will be like.
A stable MIDI clock functionality would be great.

Wow i just downloaded this app and the sound it can make its amazing the effects are good and so are the samples, but god damn it you cant record any of it. The the conversion song mode directly to wav file is so crappy, you are stuck with the same effect and parameters the whole song this badly need effects automation or a sound recorder, whats the point about the good desing to make solos, and changes to the beat grid and the very sensitive x y effect pad if you cant record any of it? For live performace its really great. I guess audio bus could fix this. Or they simply adding an actual recorder....

BMoore wrote:I wonder if it will have FX per track, sample import, and midi.
On their website it says :
We are working to fix few bugs:
-Export issue
-App Crashes (iPhone)

Q: What is Midi IN
R: Use the Camera Connection Kit to connect your midi Keyboard / DrumPad to your iPad. Your Midi device will control the drum pads of DM1. It works only with the Camera Connection Kit.

We are working to add new features :
-Import/Edit Samples from Music library, Audio/CopyPast and iTunes files sharing.
-FX Automation per pattern
-Time Signatures
-Midi Clock
-New Kits

mauroc0 wrote:whats the point about the good desing to make solos, and changes to the beat grid and the very sensitive x y effect pad if you cant record any of it? For live performace its really great. I guess audio bus could fix this. Or they simply adding an actual recorder....
I agree that they should add a recorder... but you can of course always record the iPad's output, with or without dock.

I guess i could put a line out cable in the headphone hole then to my computer and record, sadly my computer videocard died and i have been too busy getting into music apps to go buy a new one lol. Another annoying thing about this drum machine i just found out. They have alot of rich melodic samples and bass sound but you can only use one kit at a time, you should be able to choose the sound kit per pattern. I guess i will have to record the different parts into my computer and then put them all together, sadly audiobus is not here yet. I read somewhere that you can record app sound output with other apps if it is jailbroken anyone knows if it is possible and what app to use?

Initially I was very impressed, but really it's a toy atm. And nothing says toy so loud as global effects. There's superior freeware available.

Which free one you recommend i have been researching drum machine apps for hours watching videos and reading manuals and cant find anything more decent. Imo the dm1 with audio bus and the new features they planning would be pretty solid.

When (or "if") the DM1 gets those updates it'll be a huge jump. Until then I think the "S4 Industrial Composer" (free) is superior.

Its great app and for free, it has the glaring obvious missing features in dm1 (audio recorder and fx per track) tho it also has limitations I would not say it's superior. Thats just my opinion it depends on how you use it and what you want from it.

spirit wrote:And nothing says toy so loud as global effects.
What about NO effects? I'm still looking for a Nord Lead at a "toy price" :D

mauroc0 wrote:They have alot of rich melodic samples and bass sound but you can only use one kit at a time, you should be able to choose the sound kit per pattern.
Select a basic pattern to use, go to the mixer then click on the drum name (i.e. kick, snare etc). A drop down appears allowing you to select the equivalent drum sound from each of the other kits. Admittedly you can't set up a kit using snares from 9 different kits, but hey.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”