DM1 The Drum Machine. THE UPDATE!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jkhanhl wrote:
mauroc0 wrote:They have alot of rich melodic samples and bass sound but you can only use one kit at a time, you should be able to choose the sound kit per pattern.
Select a basic pattern to use, go to the mixer then click on the drum name (i.e. kick, snare etc). A drop down appears allowing you to select the equivalent drum sound from each of the other kits. Admittedly you can't set up a kit using snares from 9 different kits, but hey.
I know you can do that what i meant is that it would be nice to program the sample changes per pattern since the song export mode only uses the currently select samples, and fx parameters i think thats pretty poor, and bad desing because it limits the amout of sounds it can produce. Tho the song mode is great by the fact that you can have the whole song patterns already programmed and you can tweak the fxs live and you could change the samples if you can do it fast lol. But since it lacks a recorder you cant save any of that inside the ipad untill audio bus is implented. Although i think you could have different song files ( which will be the different parts of your final track) with the different fxs and samples you want then export them and organize them on beatmaker 2 or any sequencer.

Dm1 with either audio bus or a recorder, fx automation and sample change per pattern would be my dream ipad drum machine.

Edit: add fx per track to that and the deal is closed :) from their constant updating history seems like this might not be an unrealistic expectation.

DM1 already has FX automation (the iPad version, anyway). FX per track is said to be coming in the next update, not to mention a bunch of other awesome features.

DM1 is my favorite drum machine app by far. It's easy to use and looks swank as hell, too. I just wish it had a way to insert tuplets, like Molten does. Audiobus support would be awesome, too. Other than that, it seems all of my feature requests will be addressed in the next update.

xkadathx wrote:DM1 already has FX automation (the iPad version, anyway). FX per track is said to be coming in the next update, not to mention a bunch of other awesome features.

DM1 is my favorite drum machine app by far. It's easy to use and looks swank as hell, too. I just wish it had a way to insert tuplets, like Molten does. Audiobus support would be awesome, too. Other than that, it seems all of my feature requests will be addressed in the next update.
What fx automation ? You can automate the mixer settings ( pitch, length , pan, and volume) but i dont see anywhere how to automate the FX ( the parameters on any of the two xy pads of reverb delay, etc.)

mauroc0 wrote:
xkadathx wrote:DM1 already has FX automation (the iPad version, anyway). FX per track is said to be coming in the next update, not to mention a bunch of other awesome features.

What fx automation ? You can automate the mixer settings ( pitch, length , pan, and volume) but i dont see anywhere how to automate the FX ( the parameters on any of the two xy pads of reverb delay, etc.)
You're right, sorry. That's what I get for posting so late at night.

Currently I record into Multitrack DAW while controlling the XY pads. Audiobus would make this a lot easier. But yes, FX automation would be awesome.

How, exactly, do you record live into multitrackdaw without audiobus?

aaronblohowiak wrote: WIST took me 4 hours to implement (I am working on an unreleased drum machine for the ipad, http://stochastik.xitive.com ) whereas MIDI is going to take at least a week. MIDI is just a lot more complex, and managing the virtual midi, network midi and core midi stuff is all under-documented on Apple's side and there are not any great libraries to make it easy. PGMidi is one library for iOS developers, but it still makes midi sync a major pain in the ass.

While people on the KVR forums might be deep into midi, I don't know about the percentage of people that really want to use midi instead of just bounce to audio files for import into their DAW.

Even if it took you only 4 hours, it has cost you and others who thought the same way as you did, at least me as a paying customer. As I want to use my iPad in a live situation in combination either with a mpc or a laptop midi sync is a must.

Therefore several great apps like the korg apps, dm1 and others are completely useless for me.

Would proper midi sync be enough to get you to try out a different ipad drum machine?
Take it the other way around, without proper midi sync I will not try out any drum machine ....

Not to offend you as a professional developer, only to make my point

Regards kris

sonicflux wrote:How, exactly, do you record live into multitrackdaw without audiobus?
Audio Out into a Mixer ..... :D

I think it would be nice if the yellow faders in the Mixer Automation window show the velocity values momentarily or permanently.
< Bill Bruford on King Crimson: This is a band where you get to play in weird time signatures and still stay in nice hotels >

DM1 seems to be free now, downloaded immediately...

MrDuke wrote:DM1 seems to be free now, downloaded immediately...
Only missing Audiobus to be perfect :-)

bafonso wrote:
Audiobus and Midi Sync ......

kbl wrote:
bafonso wrote:
Audiobus and Midi Sync ......
I can trigger it from Live. Although it's not officially supported.

bafonso wrote:
I can trigger it from Live. Although it's not officially supported.
Apart from playing the pads by note on off....
Dm1 will receive and understand midi start / stop from live or reaper. It does not support tempo information and spp, at least on my configuration, using cck . Is there a trick :?:

I'm pumped about Audiobus.... so when is DM1 joining the party? DM1 is still my favorite drum machine.

Also, if another version is coming.... anyone know if it's going to be consider a "new" app and cost us more money?

Thx,
-- Joe

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”