Waviary - Ambient/Generative instrument for iOS/OS X/Android... NEW - now on Kindle Fire and Nook!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Waviary is now available for iOS, OS X and Android, including the Kindle Fire and Nook Tablets!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sayMMjP0 ... tu.be&hd=1

http://www.holdernessmedia.com

Waviary is a new, interactive musical artwork that is part instrument, part generative ambient music machine, and part virtual wind chimes.

Simple multi-touch control allows anyone to effortlessly create lush ambient soundscapes and environments, or simply listen as Waviary generates it's own "forest-like" sonic environments.
The generative player can run while you play as well, allowing for a randomized ambient jam session.

A sleep timer is included...put on headphones and let Waviary's weird, wonderful sounds lull you to sleep.

Features:

- Lush ambient tones and textures
- Multi-touch controls allow expressive creation of rich ambient soundscapes
- Generative mode creates endlessly evolving sonic environments
- Varied tone sets (additional tone sets added with free updates)
- pitch control
- octave up/down buttons
- lock button to lock orbs in place, or unlock to move freely
- Sleep Timer
Last edited by HoldernessMedia on Wed May 23, 2012 2:39 am, edited 9 times in total.

Interesting! How much does it cost?
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

The normal price will be $1.99, introductory price at $0.99

If I don't win it, I will most certainly buy it.

Good luck - looks great!

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:If I don't win it, I will most certainly buy it.

Good luck - looks great!

Mike
Thanks!!! :D

love this kind of apps, surely gonna get it. (if I don't win it)

Awesome stuff bro. Do these spirals affect one another's sound when they touch?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

I really like this. Are the soundsets samplebased or synthesized?

I could get used to using that. I'm currently hooked on Alchemy Mobile and it looks like you've expanded on some of it's user controls and added new twists. Excellent.

-Scott

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Waviary is sample based, not synthesized. It is great for textures/noise maker thingy, as much something to just space out and listen to.
The spirals can currently trigger one other, but I'm planning to add additional sound manipulation controls in updates.
Right now each spiral will independently play at a higher octave when on the upper 1/2 of the screen, and at a lower octave when in lower half of the screen. There is also an overall pitch control slider and octave functions. Additionally, when the generative function is on, it is possible to toggle on/off randomized pitch.

I have a 1.01 update ready to go with an additional 4 tone sets that will be submitted to Apple within a few days, and should be out soon after Waviary's initial release.

---Hey, who are you calling a fat moron! I'd buy this for 99 cents but you said at first it was $1.99, I demand that you stick with your original price. We ain't stupid we know when something ain't the same price and I asked someone and that ain't the same price at all! If i win one how much will that cost me, $1.99 or 99 cents? You ain't pulling nuthing on this cowdog!

Scott Murrell wrote:---Hey, who are you calling a fat moron! I'd buy this for 99 cents but you said at first it was $1.99, I demand that you stick with your original price. We ain't stupid we know when something ain't the same price and I asked someone and that ain't the same price at all! If i win one how much will that cost me, $1.99 or 99 cents? You ain't pulling nuthing on this cowdog!
Calm down cowdog! If you win I'll sell the app to you for $199.99, you're gonna love these premium prices!

Joking aside, to be clearer-ER, Waviary will have an introductory price of $0.99.
It will normally be priced at $1.99 at some point after that, so I can make a billion dollars yo.

Will it run in an iPhone 4s?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

---Thanks, I'm looking forward to this even if I don't win it. Will we be able to import our own samples into it and will it contain filters or an envelope generator so we can play with the samples a little?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”