TC-11 - unreal performance synthesizer for the iPad

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've bought this one. I know its not cheap but its worth it.

Amazing sounds imho ! It is one of my favorite synth on IOS.
If you are looking for a Vanguard, Sylenth1 type of synth , this is not for you.
If you are looking for a very organic sounding modular synthesizer with lots of character and very expressive... look no further.

jobromedia wrote:This peaked my curiosity. Watching the video, and hearing the sounds: Instant buy for me! Just one thing I miss: Having the tabs visible at all time would be pretty handy. As well as being able to test the sound from within the patch editor.
You can test the sounds from within the patch editor - should be a small floating window that is a mini performance screen - just tap on it to hear the sound as you sculpt.

Mike

Bought it to go on my brand new ipad.. Hmmm, not sure when i'd actually use it . It's a bit abstract.. Tho i am scoring a 'space' themed theatre production for late in the year.. It will probably get a look in i think :)

These days I uploaded some new presets for TC-11 at the TC-11 forum... a little bit dead... or almost.

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53632
Free presets: Alchemy, FM8, Poseidon, Tera, Toxic Bio and soon for Gladiator, Circle, Cube2, Zebra and more.

Hi all!

This is incredible, but TC-11 is not in the database of presentes synths (nothing in NEWS and nothing in PRODUCTS)!!!!!!

The author and/or editor is a total idiot, lazy or unable...???? Please, could someone to wake him..????

Without no one mention on KVR (and several other main pages like MacMusic, AudioFranzine etc), his synths will be soon dead!!!!
Free presets: Alchemy, FM8, Poseidon, Tera, Toxic Bio and soon for Gladiator, Circle, Cube2, Zebra and more.

Miroslav H wrote:Without no one mention on KVR (and several other main pages like MacMusic, AudioFranzine etc), his synths will be soon dead!!!!
It's a bit pricey as well, which doesn't help.

Bit hard to play a song on it too ;)

I was interested in this, but the price just seems a little steep.

shanecgriffo wrote:Bit hard to play a song on it too ;)
I'm agree, this app is not made for a rythmical, harmonic and melodic music (like all commercial pop-rock-techno styles). Here You explore the essence of the sound himselve, and You have to forget the keyboards and his do-re-mi-fa notes... the music you can compose with this app would be composed like an origami... it is made for a contemporary experimental (really experimental, not the ennoying tchak-poum bada-boum crap, that we can hear on radios, airports or hospitals) music, for example those named acousmatic music... for acousmoniums.
Sorry for all prisonners in their sad rules, to use the TC-11 you have to make a mental revolution! :D :shock:

Lol... I posted my gripe about the lack of keys and scales in this app on the other thread, but it seems like the action is here. If this app does not support discrete tones then it will ONLY be useful for writing experimental music or ambient music. Even though I like to use discrete tones, I am not a prisoner to keyboards or do-re-mi as I write principally microtonal music. And the essence of sound... without defined relationships sounds can only amount to noise... perhaps noise with a beat. People like consonance, people like dissonance - but most people prefer these with some consistency.

If the only way to define pitch sets in this app is on a per-touch basis or with the sequencer, then in all honesty I feel sort of sorry for the developer. Because the experimental/ambient market is not that big.

I bought this app a while back and I think the synthesis options are great and the touch-screen interface options some of the best and most complete I have seen. However, without definable scales I only feel teased by all this power.

I'm into electronic, soundscape, ambient style music. So TC-11 looks pretty sweet to me. But I've not seen enough of it to warrant the price tag. I'm holding out for the sale :wink: I would like to get this at some point though.

Some of the preset sounds are a little "not changeable" enough I think, just after a quick jam today.
It needs 'zones' so you can alter rhythmic/arp patterns a bit more and maybe a section of the screen where you can morph between presets, is this possible already? I just haven't had time to look deeper at it, but from what I've tried it seems to need more variability for my liking..

Lol... Fair points Miroslav alt... :hihi:

I will make such a request because as I said I think this synth has a lot of potential but is kind of crippling itself - at least for the kind of music I want to make.

Miroslav H wrote:Hi all!

This is incredible, but TC-11 is not in the database of presentes synths (nothing in NEWS and nothing in PRODUCTS)!!!!!!
Ultra-bumping this thread to say I've finally got TC-11 up as a product here. Thanks to the KVR member who messaged me about this!

I've also finally gotten time to make a proper sequencer tutorial. For those of you who are interested in patch programming and want to generate specific pitches / notes, this video is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u267c54uXY
----------
TC-11, GyrOSC, Invisible Drum Set
www.bitshapesoftware.com

Bought it myself today ..... Finally took the plunge :) Pretty amazing. Looks deep as hell. Going to have to devote some time to this one ;)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”