Polyphonic "MIDI Guitar" app turns ANY guitar into a MIDI monster

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone fill me in on how to get it working with the GarageBand app and/or nano studio,, is it possible?.. Got it working with the moog app and it is quite credible performance wise.. Not perfect but it does work in a lot of instances!

[quote="shanecgriffo"]Can anyone fill me in on how to get it working with the GarageBand app and/or nano studio,, is it possible?.. Got it working with the moog app and it is quite credible performance wise.. Not perfect but it does work in a lot of instances![/quote]

Try using MidiBridge. It works in the background and connects midi apps, even across the network. I am able to get reasonable results using Midi Guitar on my iphone and using MidiBridge via IP address to play any core midi apps on my ipad via wifi. I have also had great success on the same device without MidiBridge playing Addictive Synth, Thumbjam and Beatmaker 2 on my iPad. I actually haven't used it very much with NS yet, but since the update I will play with it more.

The only pain with it all is that you seem to have to open all connected apps and midi bridge in a specific order which I can never remember if I haven't used it in a while..

Tried it at work today (solo workshop/performance) it works really well with pad/effects sounds to fill out behind the guitar (splitting signal from my dunlop eq pedal that has 2 outs) fast lead lines maybe not so well.. It tracks amazingly well if you play cleanly!

While i'm here, can anyone suggest a wifi thingy to install on my laptop so i can try triggering synths in ableton
(free or cheap options)
Or if i'm using the Camera kit will that need any extra software? Thanks

Tried it out tonight on iPad 3 with apogee jam interface...used it with ThumbJam and was pretty cool. Of course, you can already do this with thumbjam by itself....but the added feature of multiple notes was a cool feature of this app. Not perfect, but it's a start...and while it isn't 100% all the time, I was still playing complex chords on my guitar and sounding like a grand piano. Had some cool flute and synth stuff going on as well. Nice job. I'd like to see further development on this...could be a winner!
Rock On!

Derek, try it with some more pad ambient sounds layered behind the guitar , in this use it is a winner.. I always find the 'piano played by guitar' scenario, sounds a bit not quite right, never very natural to my ears..

The more i'm playing with this the more i like it and it's bought a few smiles to my face..
I've just been triggering and jamming with arpeggio patterns in addictive synth.. Very nice
I cant for the life of me trigger anything in garageband and nanostudio tho,.. and grain science is selectable in the midi out section of midi guitar app but i cant get a peep out of it ??

Oh and the mellotron flute in thumbjam plus a bit of stairway to heaven on guitar is bound to raise a chuckle ;)

What I'd love (and would gladly pay for) is if it could just import a clean/dry track from the iTunes directory and convert to MIDI, for the purpose of transcribing stuff. Capo does a good job, but I'm thinking this might even be better.

polaris20 wrote:What I'd love (and would gladly pay for) is if it could just import a clean/dry track from the iTunes directory and convert to MIDI, for the purpose of transcribing stuff. Capo does a good job, but I'm thinking this might even be better.
Have you seen the other app from the same dev? It converts to tab, so maybe your request isn't too far off...

polaris20 wrote:What I'd love (and would gladly pay for) is if it could just import a clean/dry track from the iTunes directory and convert to MIDI, for the purpose of transcribing stuff. Capo does a good job, but I'm thinking this might even be better.
Yes, please take a look at our GuitarVision app. It's sure not perfect, but state of the art nevertheless. I can reveal that a major update is under development currently ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5fgbTEYVyw

App Store:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guitar-v ... 01031?mt=8
Last edited by JamOrigin on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No_Use wrote:Another +1 for a VST version.
+1 billion!!

memyselfandus wrote:
No_Use wrote:Another +1 for a VST version.
+1 billion!!
Yes, me too.
Cap'n Spanky
From the Planet Screwball

Thank you for all the positive feedback everyone!

We have a VST/AU/AXX/RTAS for use internally. We are currently looking into how to take it to the market. Shouldnt be too long.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”