SampleTank for iPhone/iPad Updated to v1.2

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New: MIDI control and program change + free instruments in every category

The 1.2 update to SampleTank® for iOS, the first pro-quality, sample-based sound and groove workstation available for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, is now available through the iTunes App store.

The update, for both regular and free versions, is available as a free download to existing users that adds support for MIDI Program Change and Controller editing of all edit strip knobs for enhanced expression and performance in any environment from the studio to the stage. The 1.2 update also now provides free instruments in every category so users can create instantly anytime and everywhere.

SampleTank features
  • 4-part multi-timbral professional quality sound and groove workstation.
  • Expandable sound library with more than 500 instruments in 16 categories.
  • Over 1,000 melodic and rhythmic patterns for groove creation or accompaniment.
  • Included 4-track MIDI recorder with audio export.
  • Built-in insert effects and master reverb.
  • Easy-to-use, intuitive interface.
  • Sound and effects editing with multiple parameters.
  • Support for MIDI Controllers and Program Change.
  • Play interface with piano keyboard, scale-based keyboard and drum pads.
  • Compatible with iPhone 4S, 4 and 3GS, iPod touch 4th and 3rd generation, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2 and iPad with iOS 4.3 and newer.
  • Designed in concert with iRig MIDI interface for iOS devices.
  • Free version also available with 20 instruments (16 + 4 after registering).
Pricing and availability

SampleTank 1.2 is a universal app for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and is now available on the iTunes App store for only $19.99/€15,99 with 136 high-quality instruments and over 1,000 patterns included. A free version of SampleTank is also available with 8 sounds plus their selection of patterns. An additional 22 expansion sound packs are available for in-app purchase starting from as low as $4.99/€3.99 each or all together for a competitive bundle price. Owners of iRig MIDI will also get an exclusive sound set of 48 sounds for free simply by registering. The 1.2 update is free to existing users.

Nice update!

---Thanks for the update! After I learned how to layer multiple instruments I started using this program on almost every song our band does. The sounds are top notch but I do wish for a little more control over effects and filters but you can't have everything...

Virtual midi with most apps is still broken, this was reported months ago.

Scott Murrell wrote:---Thanks for the update! After I learned how to layer multiple instruments I started using this program on almost every song our band does. The sounds are top notch but I do wish for a little more control over effects and filters but you can't have everything...
Thanks for the compliment! We are working hard to bring new features to SampleTank on iOS. We'll continue working with new features and sounds in future updates. :)
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Would love to have audio recording and export, or ideally audio copy\paste. It would make ST the linchpin in my workflow then.

This update is a joke and show us that your company is not willing to listen to users requests.

Virtual midi is not broken Topaz, it was never here. Core MIDI only, and as you said, it is broken with most App when used internally.
But they already know that since months.

I patiently waited for months for... That! :roll:

Your sounds may be good (if we consider an m4a export option as good...) but your not the only one on the market.

I definitely deleted Sampletank...

We are listening and are continually working to update our apps. If there is an issue with SampleTank's functionality please contact support or if you already have a ticket please PM me the ticket number to reference and follow up with.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Blablabla, always the same answers, You know what we are waiting for cause we already told you:

Virtual MIDI, AudioCopy (in WAV, of course...), etc... All this stuffs that nowadays make the difference between an app that ios musicians can use and a "wanna be" app.

But you know what, just forget it, I already wasted too much time trying to make you understand that...

What he said, the requests have been made over and over again but no matter how many PR guys post on forums it either never gets to the main devs or they do and get ignored,

There are a set of features that are pretty much standard in most pro apps, it's obvious if they are left out folks will get fed up.

Cue fanboys.

topaz wrote:Virtual midi with most apps is still broken, this was reported months ago.
Bummer! Are you sure? That's really important to me! :-( Brian or Obik, can you confirm or deny this?

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

J.C wrote:Blablabla, always the same answers, You know what we are waiting for cause we already told you:

Virtual MIDI, AudioCopy (in WAV, of course...), etc... All this stuffs that nowadays make the difference between an app that ios musicians can use and a "wanna be" app.

But you know what, just forget it, I already wasted too much time trying to make you understand that...
Now I'm a little confused (which is easy for me :oops: ) I thought Virtual Midi existed......

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

J.C wrote:Blablabla, always the same answers, You know what we are waiting for cause we already told you:

+ 10 ! Sampletank is alway's a disapointement ! Such a shame, must be a good app, but it's always samplejoke !

@audijunkie:

There is no Virtual MIDI support in Sampletank, it'd be lying to say the contrary.

Sampletank support CoreMIDI, which means that if you're lucky, it will communicate, in certain circumstances, with some apps. It's really a matter of luck, you have to try with each single app you own to see wich ones accept the connection. But you'll be able to connect only one App. Which one will be connected depend of the start order. It is quite obscur. It is exactly the same with Music Studio for example, by the way Music Studio will have a Virtual MIDI update soon.

All CoreMIDI apps behave the same, but it is in no way similar to Virtual MIDI where you can choose inputs and outputs app and a lot more.

Not to mention the pretty strange build audio engine of sampletank which make it uncompatible with most of the apps. I guess that's why we are still waiting for Virtual MIDI in Sampletank.
They'd have to rewrite the whole sound engine to make it run smoothly with the majority of the apps.

We have to prioritize new features based on a number of factors.
We are continuing to develop SampleTank, and will get to all of it.
Keep in mind that iOS 6 is not far off now and will contain many new features, which could make some of these requests moot.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”