iGrand Piano for iPad is Now Available

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know either, Whisper dancer - though it does vary you're making the obvious and logical assumption that one would assume it wouldn't be worse on a newer device. You may want to speak to Technical Support to see if there are some tips or if there is something going on. I looked in the FAQ at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/ but didn't find anything pertinent.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi! Howis the max polyphony of this app in a iPad2? For me its very important to know before buy this app.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I don't know either, Whisper dancer - though it does vary you're making the obvious and logical assumption that one would assume it wouldn't be worse on a newer device. You may want to speak to Technical Support to see if there are some tips or if there is something going on. I looked in the FAQ at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/ but didn't find anything pertinent.
Don't get me wrong: sound is great and latency is next no none, but the polyphony is very very important. If it weren't for that, it could easily replace a digital piano.

Got it, like it. Have a cheap Williams piano that I use as a midi controller. With iGrand and my headphones it is just as if I'm playing a rich mans piano :)

This is one of the best $20 purchases ever for me!

I am also impressed with the latency.... I really can't tell that there is any.... good job.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

fmk wrote:Hi! Howis the max polyphony of this app in a iPad2? For me its very important to know before buy this app.
I have an iPad 1 and I seem to get 32 notes. I highly recommend downloading the FREE version and try the app prior to buying.

32 notes on an iPad 1 is great too! :D You can check out iGrand Piano here on iTunes.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Since there may be some folks here that are looking at iRig KEYS, please note that the introductory pricing will be ending very soon so if you want to pick it up 10% off use MOBILITY as your promo code ASAP. http://www.irigkeys.com

Playing some tonight and realize I am only getting 16 note polyphony. I don't know if I miscounted earlier or what. Though I do notice in my regular playing I now notice losing notes is happening more often now. I was hoping to use it this weekend but practicing the piano part I'm losing notes. I'm trying to practice the part by rehitting some sustained notes, but it's not naturally how I would play it.

Any other reports on polyphony?

Several other sites have posts from users saying it maxes out at 16 notes...

Yes, 16 notes on an iPad 3. Same on sampletank, as they seem to share the same engine.

OK, I had to wait for some information... Apparently while polyphony DOES vary by device, there is still a cap of which I was since made aware. I know you've verified this in the time before I found out this information, but thankfully I can also provide some information that many will find promising:

According to the product manager and developers, we will be submitting an update which will max out at 64 depending on which device you are using. I hope this is helpful, and i will keep you posted with any information I have on this upcoming update when I have it.

THANK YOU for this information. Looking forward to the update.

I am a bit embarrassed now that I said I was getting 32 notes. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. I went back to my post on the first page and I said "By the 5th strike of your right hand, the bottom notes start disappearing." Based on what I was playing, that would be 5x3 (right hand) + 2 held octave notes with left = 17 notes and I begin to lose my bass note. So, clearly I now see I was getting 16.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:OK, I had to wait for some information... Apparently while polyphony DOES vary by device, there is still a cap of which I was since made aware. I know you've verified this in the time before I found out this information, but thankfully I can also provide some information that many will find promising:

According to the product manager and developers, we will be submitting an update which will max out at 64 depending on which device you are using. I hope this is helpful, and i will keep you posted with any information I have on this upcoming update when I have it.
That, sir, would be great news! Even 32 notes would not be bad. Please update also the polyphony in sampletank. That's what is keeping me from buying it...

Question for one of the IK folks. I'm wondering if it is possible to get background audio working with both Sampletank and iGrand Piano. Currently, if I have both launched, and minimize one (ie get a loop going in Sampletank that I can play piano over), the sound immediately cuts out when I launch the other. Is it not possible because are using the same sound engine?

Would be great to see these two apps integrated a bit more. I've found that background audio is hit or miss with both of them, when using other programs, but was surprised that they couldn't play nice together.

Currently it isn't possible, but we are looking forward to bringing these features in future updates.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”