Alesis IO dock and Ipad 4

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hogo wrote:hopefully Alesis will come out with a lightening version. The 30 pin connector had a long life, and the new connector can do many things that are not currently talked about yet. It is VERY adaptive and I think will become extremely useful. I bet a new ipad will work with an adapter, but i have not tried it.
Is the lightning port lockable? One of the huge annoyance of the old iPad connector is how it falls out as soon as you try and move it - makes presenting with it using the hdmi or VGA adapter very difficult in particular

It's not lockable, but a significantly tighter fit. I used to unhook the 30-pin with one hand. Now I have to hold the iPad in one hand and tug the connector off with the other. I have no concerns about disconnecting.

Ugh! I'm a new ipad user and like some other people on this thread I bought the iodock and ipad4 and found that it isnt compatible. Now I have to get an adapter and the ipad is going to stick out of the dock all ghetto like. What a disappointment. EPIC FAIL on my part.

Ok here's what my iodock + ipad4 + lightning to 30pin adapter looks like in case anyone is interested.

Hey modul8, does everything work ok though? I can live with the looks for awhile! I need that horsepower the new ipad has!!

module8 wrote:Ok here's what my iodock + ipad4 + lightning to 30pin adapter looks like in case anyone is interested.
Thanks for posting that. I think I'm going to try the cable instead. Good to know it works though, and it's not actually that bad... mostly :lol:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
hogo wrote:Hey modul8, does everything work ok though? I can live with the looks for awhile! I need that horsepower the new ipad has!!
Yeah so far so good. Make sure you update the firmware to 1.0.7. You can get the firmware on Alesis website here:

http://www.alesis.com/company/media2.ph ... 2FB2VTMVI0 (http://www.alesis.com/company/media2.php?download_id=DWEAY1M%2FB2VTMVI0)

Hmm says I need 5 posts to post a non-mp3 link lol

Yep got the firmware. For awhile now. Yes 5 post rule helps with bots and spams! ;)

module8 wrote:Ok here's what my iodock + ipad4 + lightning to 30pin adapter looks like in case anyone is interested.

Thanks for posting. :tu: I can live with this look too. It's cheaper as a new IO Dock in the future. Is this the original Apple adapter ?

cheers!
The sense of life-provehito in altum- and making music:-)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”