iPad DAW Control App Is On Sale - But We've Got Promo Codes For You

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zouki wrote:
Keebo wrote:Click on the little icon to the right of your user name which is on the upper right of the screen. A redeem submenu should come available. Click that and enter your code.
Well, i'm trying to buy from my ipad and i can't do what you described, do i have to do that from a laptop or desktop?

Zouki
It should be on the App Store on your iPad, scroll all the way down on the "main page" and it should be in the middle just above the link for terms. Have a look at the screenshot of an iPad @ http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-itun ... tunes.html

Might be to late now though, but hopefully this can be useful at some later time anyway.. :)

I tried this out on Live just a little bit last night and it worked great. I can see there are more buttons which could be assigned. There are what look like panning knobs on the top of the screen which I couldn't seem to turn. The rest of it looks great!

Shawn

It took a little while for me to figure out how to connect it all with FL Studio, figuring out the mysteries of rtpMIDI and various settings in FL Studio and all (I'm fairly new to all this networking stuff, but it wasn't to painful)... Really handy navigation with the arrows, and the select buttons for each individual channel. Nice touch that you can just double click the panning knob to reset it, and I'm sure I'll keep discovering handy little things like that. :)

All in all definitely recommended :tu:
Last edited by Gone soft on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V-GER wrote:Am I right in setting the controller type to Mackie? It seems to work as it should but that was more or less guesswork, so if anything else would somehow work better I'd be interested to know.
Works fine for me. rtpmidi + channel 10 in/out + Mackie in FLS 10.8.

It only works 50% (or so) with wired midi (IO Dock) though... no feedback on the screen, some buttons don't work.Same thing with FL Studio 10.09c, but that doesn't have a Midi output port...

all codes are used already :-(
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

could i have a code please. :cry:
Music producer and engineer for 25 years product tester for Arturia
aka Logicaldream

i down loaded the app but its not working in cubase 6.5 only the faders move if im working on a track and press any thing in the app it triggers midi in that track and the transports not working. its ok in ac-7.
Music producer and engineer for 25 years product tester for Arturia
aka Logicaldream

Is there are more codes? They all seem used. If one is available, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mike

Looks like the app is back to 9.99? Short sale, I guess I missed the boat twice on this one. Oh well.

Fantastic app, works flawlessly with Logic - thank you!! :love:

I installed this app on the a promo code, but I didn't get to try it till today... sorry!

I'm using it with Nuendo 5.5 on W7-64 using rtpMIDI (which was already installed) and so far it works perfectly. Very nice! I also have a real Mackie control so it's fun to see it respond to the iPad moves.

But something happened after I closed the iPad and then reopened it later; it took some time to reconnect and after that it worked for a while till I noticed the Time/SMPTE display is no longer working and the SMPTE/BEATS switch does nothing. Then it occurred to me that none of the display of DAW Control was responding although all the functions still worked. Strange. Shortly after I noticed this, it seems my real Mackie Control stopped working though the transport and the position readout there was still working. Maybe Nuendo wasn't meant to handle two MC's at the same time...

Some observations:

- It could be useful to have a mute on the sounds; although technically you could just lower the volume, it might be used in conjunction with a synth running in parallel so then you wouldn't want any audio from this app.

- I'd personally prefer to have a single switching sound for the switches instead of one on push and release.

- I'd also prefer different sounds for the transport, like a traditional heavier "clunck" sound.

- While the alphanumeric display is faithful to the original, I'd prefer it to be more high contrast. Maybe a choice of colors and contrast levels could be included, even for the position display; the bright red of the original position display was fine.

- One thing that always bugged me about the Zoom control on the MC's is that they don't auto repeat so you have to keep pushing the button over and over. In a software replica like this, there's no reason why it couldn't auto-repeat when held down, like a computer keyboard... ;)

DAW Control is very functional replica of the MC. Nice work!

I just bought DAW Control and am doing some tests right now.
It seems to work fine (except the following). Nice work!
The Time/SMPTE display is no longer working
I noticed this as well.
Actually, I'm working on a massive update of BloXpander (which will send time code to Mackie Control compatible devices).
I'm not sure it is the right place for a boring technical discussion, though ;-)
Vitaliy, should you want us to check what may be wrong with the time code display, please feel free to send me an email (or a PM).

All the best,
Philippe

is there any plan to add metering ?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”