New Android DAW Controller - Now available on Google Play

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wasi wrote:As a recommendation, the blank screen on launch is kind of scary. Maybe have it show "please load a template" in the center or something? Just so we know it's launched and waiting.
Good point! I'll update the app to display a message like that. Thanks for that :)

Mark

jensa wrote:Sounds great. But... tried to read in on this and is and does the app send OSC messages to the DAW without the need to have PureData installed? Reaper can parse OSC messages and I would prefer to use that. Will probably buy it anyway and support the developer. :-)
Hmmm...good question.....I don't have Reaper (I use Cubase), so I'm not able to try that. Does Reaper still have a free version? If they do, I'll grab a copy and try it.

Mark

mderrico wrote:
jensa wrote:Sounds great. But... tried to read in on this and is and does the app send OSC messages to the DAW without the need to have PureData installed? Reaper can parse OSC messages and I would prefer to use that. Will probably buy it anyway and support the developer. :-)
Hmmm...good question.....I don't have Reaper (I use Cubase), so I'm not able to try that. Does Reaper still have a free version? If they do, I'll grab a copy and try it.

Mark
Yep, Reaper is non-crippled if you want to test it out. Might take some time to get the hang of it if you're not already accustomed to it but it's indeed very flexible and has, from what I understand a quite extensive OSC implementation since a few months back.

Btw, Reaktor has just got an update with some more OSC goodies.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... ?page=1565

I really miss a good flexible OSC app in Android since, as mentioned before, ThouchOSC development is non-existent and the communication skills from the guy making it is way below bad.

Ok. Just bought your app. :-)

Btw, the Layout 1 and Layout2 files are not possible to download from this page:

http://www.markderrico.com/dawosc/instructions.html

Tried both IE and Chrome. The file All Controllers are though.

Also, could you PM me you email address. I want to try to assemble some good ideas how to improve it if it's ok? :-)

Hey Jensa

Thanks for the info on Reaper and Reaktor. I'll check out Reaper in a few days (I'm getting a long list of requests to deal with - which is a good sign!)

I've also fixed the download link for my templates on the instructions page.
http://www.markderrico.com/dawosc/instructions.html

And thanks for buying the app - very much appreciated!!

And I'll PM you my email address.
Thanks!

Mark

Hi mderrico,
Thanks for your reply.
The Numark DJ2Go hardware midi controller is what I have. The problem is that there are no cutoffs for high, lows and mids. A complete cutoff button and also a slider knob for each would ideal. I don't need the pitch bends either or the little file browsing knob and load buttons on the hardware controller (I just use my mouse for this).

One other thing that would be useful is to be able to have an effect button (trigger) for the effects. One of the best things about Virtual DJ is the beat grid effect.

Thanks. God bless.

Aaron

Hey Arron

Would you be able to supply me with the CC or MIDI note numbers that your software uses to control these parameters? Without that info, I wouldn't be able to completely build a template for you.

Mark
aaroncavanaugh2 wrote:Hi mderrico,
Thanks for your reply.
The Numark DJ2Go hardware midi controller is what I have. The problem is that there are no cutoffs for high, lows and mids. A complete cutoff button and also a slider knob for each would ideal. I don't need the pitch bends either or the little file browsing knob and load buttons on the hardware controller (I just use my mouse for this).

One other thing that would be useful is to be able to have an effect button (trigger) for the effects. One of the best things about Virtual DJ is the beat grid effect.

Thanks. God bless.

Aaron

The Layout Editor is updated

For those of you who are using the app, I've fixed some bugs in the layout editor. You can download the new editor at:

Downloads

Mark

mderrico wrote:The Layout Editor is updated

For those of you who are using the app, I've fixed some bugs in the layout editor. You can download the new editor at:

Downloads

Mark
Won't run here, older versions did. It shows up in the task manager using around 20% CPU and 2MB RAM but it's not visible...? Running as admin didn't help either.

//edit: sorry: Windows7 64bit

I created a new installer for now. it's butt-ugly, but it should work until I get a chance to fix the proper installer tonight.

it's up on the website ready for download.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your swift reply.

Honestly I have no idea. Does this page help? http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controlle ... nMIDI.html

Thanks. God Bless.

Aaron

bluelife wrote:I still stick to my original post.
And that is most probably why you don't deserve an answer.
I am always puzzled when people like you diss other people's work in such a unnecessarily rude manner... :shrug:

are you thinking of a layout editor for mac also ??

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:are you thinking of a layout editor for mac also ??
If someeone wants to give me a mac, I'd be more than happy to create a mac editor lol!!

Seriously though, I would create a mac version if I could get access to a mac.

mderrico wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:are you thinking of a layout editor for mac also ??
If someeone wants to give me a mac, I'd be more than happy to create a mac editor lol!!
Seriously though, I would create a mac version if I could get access to a mac.
At first I was thinking why not simply write it in Java? But then: Why not directly build it in the app (which is Java as well)?

The editor is updated again.

If you had troubles with the last version, you can download the latest version. I won't be able to fully test the installation until I get home tonight (stupid day job is interfering with my app development!! lol), but it seems to be working now.

Mark

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”