Jamup xt vs jamup pro xt

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I purchased jamup pro xt last night when it went on sale and jumped the gun a little, which alerted me to something I thought I'd share. I happened to still have jamup in the search as the App Store opened, and when I saw that jamup pro xt was 4.99, I immediately went to buy it. However, I have jamup xt already and had purchased the bass models, as that is my instrument and I use it for practicing, learning songs on gigs, etc. I checked the store on jamup xt first to see if the "essentials pack" (same content as jamup pro xt) was the same price, but it was still listed at 19.99. Thinking the 4.99 may be some glitch in the App Store or something, I bought pro xt immediately. So here's what I thought I'd share to eliminate confusion for anyone else if there is any

If you have jamup xt and purchased model packs through in app purchasing, they don't apply to jamup pro xt. When i hit "restore purchases" in jamup pro xt, nothing happened, because the app store considers jamup xt and jamup pro xt 2 completely separate apps. It is not positive grid's issue, it is the way the App Store is set up, they have no option if they want to offer a free version.

A few minutes later the essentials pack in app purchase on jamup xt was indeed 4.99, I must have stumbled on the sale just as it started. Anyway, Calvin was very very cool and sent me a credit so I could re-purchase the bass models and have everything integrated, which was very much appreciated,but I just wanted others to be aware so that if you have a similar situation you could avoid that. So, thank you Calvin, and hopefully that clears it up for someone else, I searched a lot for an answer before emailing him and there was no answer anywhere online, now there is.

Oh, and if you've been debating buying this app, stop debating, it's great.

mrufino1 wrote:I purchased jamup pro xt last night when it went on sale and jumped the gun a little, which alerted me to something I thought I'd share. I happened to still have jamup in the search as the App Store opened, and when I saw that jamup pro xt was 4.99, I immediately went to buy it. However, I have jamup xt already and had purchased the bass models, as that is my instrument and I use it for practicing, learning songs on gigs, etc. I checked the store on jamup xt first to see if the "essentials pack" (same content as jamup pro xt) was the same price, but it was still listed at 19.99. Thinking the 4.99 may be some glitch in the App Store or something, I bought pro xt immediately. So here's what I thought I'd share to eliminate confusion for anyone else if there is any

If you have jamup xt and purchased model packs through in app purchasing, they don't apply to jamup pro xt. When i hit "restore purchases" in jamup pro xt, nothing happened, because the app store considers jamup xt and jamup pro xt 2 completely separate apps. It is not positive grid's issue, it is the way the App Store is set up, they have no option if they want to offer a free version.

A few minutes later the essentials pack in app purchase on jamup xt was indeed 4.99, I must have stumbled on the sale just as it started. Anyway, Calvin was very very cool and sent me a credit so I could re-purchase the bass models and have everything integrated, which was very much appreciated,but I just wanted others to be aware so that if you have a similar situation you could avoid that. So, thank you Calvin, and hopefully that clears it up for someone else, I searched a lot for an answer before emailing him and there was no answer anywhere online, now there is.

Oh, and if you've been debating buying this app, stop debating, it's great.
glad you got it sorted out. Calvin is a great guy who tries real hard to remedy any situation that's taken a turn for the worse....glad you like the app!
Rock On!

I already knew I liked it, especially since they seem to be the only company that recognizes that bassists may want to use the app too...yes, I know other companies have a bass amp available, but positive grid has a few and reasonably priced. I just use it for learning songs and practicing, so playing through the ac30 model wasn't unbearable, but it is nice to have bass amps available. I may try it through a pa at some point, who knows? In any event, he definitely did not have to do what he did, as it was my mistake even if it is not completely clear, but it was cool of him to do it.

I am in the middle of recording my 2nd album due sometime early 2013 and am using JamUp Pro XT exclusively for all the guitars and bass...they sound great in the studio and live as well...here's a couple samples...just demos

http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/rock-addict

http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/crush
Rock On!

Is there a way to switch off the mic input?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:Is there a way to switch off the mic input?
Which device/hardware are you using to get your signal into the app?
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

martygras wrote:
BMoore wrote:Is there a way to switch off the mic input?
Which device/hardware are you using to get your signal into the app?
Nothing. I just fired up the app with headphones.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

I believe you need something plugged in. Audio bus should take care of that for you so soon you'll be able to use it that way.

First, forgive me for I am old and forgetful. You youngsters will see what I mean one day. Hopefully not too soon :-) .

I have the JamUp interface and JamUp Pro. A really great combo IMHO. The support from their team is top notch.

I haven't used them very regularly in the past but when I have they have been quite remarkable. Recently my POD XT (after a decade or so) has died. That was my plug 'n play device for many years. I hooked up JamUp tonight and "jammed" out with a grin on my face.

My questions are:

What is the advantage of the XT upgrade over the pro version? I looked at the store in app and noticed that the all of the IAP's would total more than $45. Would the sale price of $4.99 bring that down somewhat?

I haven't spent too much time looking at the options unfortunately. It appears that there is only a few slots available for user customization. Does the XT upgrade increase those?

Thanks for any info that you may provide.

Hi Keebo

Sorry to hear that, I remember my POD XT... (and later POD XT LIVE), fun stuff.

If you already have the JamUp Pro, you can update to the JamUp Pro XT for free. Currently there are few items are on sales until Nov 26th, including the Boutique Pack (8 models, $9.99->$4.99), OR-30 ($4.99->$0.99) and Tweed Deluxe ($4.99->$0.99).

There are many improvement on the Pro XT, just list few:
1. You get two new effects for free. (Octave and Cry Wah)
2. 64 preset slot, and you can download other users or artists presets inside the app for free.
3. Added the Bass Pack and the Boutique Pack. (need in-app purchase)
4. And a bunch of other stuff...

Hope it helps...
Calvin
Keebo wrote:First, forgive me for I am old and forgetful. You youngsters will see what I mean one day. Hopefully not too soon :-) .

I have the JamUp interface and JamUp Pro. A really great combo IMHO. The support from their team is top notch.

I haven't used them very regularly in the past but when I have they have been quite remarkable. Recently my POD XT (after a decade or so) has died. That was my plug 'n play device for many years. I hooked up JamUp tonight and "jammed" out with a grin on my face.

My questions are:

What is the advantage of the XT upgrade over the pro version? I looked at the store in app and noticed that the all of the IAP's would total more than $45. Would the sale price of $4.99 bring that down somewhat?

I haven't spent too much time looking at the options unfortunately. It appears that there is only a few slots available for user customization. Does the XT upgrade increase those?

Thanks for any info that you may provide.
Calvin @ Positive Grid
http://www.positivegrid.com

Thanks Calvin.

It may be easy to see how to upgrade to XT to others but I can't find the option within the app store menu. I'm sure I have missed it but would you mind explaining it to me?

I will certainly take advantage of the sale once I figure out how to upgrade.

Yes, the POD was a great hardware unit in its time but I hope to utilize your app from now on. I certainly liked the software editing features of the POD and hope that something similar exists for JamUp Pro XT.

Per our recent email discussions, I am ecstatic to hear about your AudioBus implementation. Looking forward to the future.

Thanks again.

No problem.

There is an app called "App-Store" on your iPad or iPhone, open the app, log-in with your Apple ID (make sure to use the same one as your purchased the JamUp), and it will automatically search all available updates, once you find the newer version of the JamUp, just update it.

Here is a quick link to show how to do it:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/h ... phone.html
Keebo wrote:Thanks Calvin.

It may be easy to see how to upgrade to XT to others but I can't find the option within the app store menu. I'm sure I have missed it but would you mind explaining it to me?

I will certainly take advantage of the sale once I figure out how to upgrade.

Yes, the POD was a great hardware unit in its time but I hope to utilize your app from now on. I certainly liked the software editing features of the POD and hope that something similar exists for JamUp Pro XT.

Per our recent email discussions, I am ecstatic to hear about your AudioBus implementation. Looking forward to the future.

Thanks again.
Calvin @ Positive Grid

Hello Calvin, thank you for you support.

I update my apps almost daily so I may have missed it. My JamUp version says 2.1.1.3085. Would this be the XT version? I still only see where I can add two user presets. I'm sure I am over looking something.

If you would care to continue this dialog in a PM or email just let me know.

Again, this is one of the reasons that I really like dealing with Positive Grid.

Regards,

Keebo

I think Keeno is talking about upgrading from the free version to the pro version, and Calvin is talking about version number upgrade.

sorted out by PM..
BMoore wrote:I think Keeno is talking about upgrading from the free version to the pro version, and Calvin is talking about version number upgrade.
Calvin @ Positive Grid

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”