Sequencer app for Android

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, just wanted to do a quick mention of my sequencer app. It has been available for Windows Phone and Windows 8 for a little bit, but has just been ported to Android. Thought it might be worth mentioning here now that it is available on enough platforms where people will have a device to use it. It's also to the point where it should be stable enough, although there might be some issues with Android since it is still new and I've only tested on a couple of devices. I would love to hear any feedback if anyone finds any bugs to fix though.

It is basically just a standard step sequencer which can be used to prototype beats. It comes with 70 included sound samples; each that can be adjusted by two octaves (one up, one down.). There are seven available channels to edit, and you can use 16 to 128 steps in a composition.

In addition to the sample playback, there is also "synth mode". For each channel you can use a three oscillator synthesizer to generate sounds. It comes with 12 selectable waveforms, an LFO, amplitude settings, and a lowpass filter. There is also a "unison" mode that you can use that will automatically use three detuned waveforms. This is available per each of the waveforms, so you can actually have nine concurrent waveforms playing per synthesizer. Here are a few screenshot so you can get an idea of what the app looks like:

Also, please note all the features mentioned are all part of the free version. And here are the links to the app on the app stores if you'd like to check it out:

Android Market
Windows Phone Marketplace
Windows 8

Again, if you find any bugs, have any questions for use of the app, or have any ideas for new features, please let me know.
Thanks!

It would have been helpful to tell us the actual name!

-niko

nikolatesla20 wrote:It would have been helpful to tell us the actual name!

-niko
Sorry, it has an unimaginative name and is just named "Sequencer". It is listed under developer name Korhaan.

So is there a way to record the beats you make? I like the app, but the things is I don't have a way to save what I have. Also is there a way to add other blocks? If it had those it would make an awesome app.

sandyduck wrote:So is there a way to record the beats you make? I like the app, but the things is I don't have a way to save what I have. Also is there a way to add other blocks? If it had those it would make an awesome app.
Hi, and thanks for the feedback. I plan adding a new version to Android that will allow export of sequences as wav files so you can use the loops created in other programs. This new version will be a port of the “Pro” version of Sequencer that you can get on Windows 8 and Windows Phone.

This port adds a bunch of new features including sample import, more tracks, and much longer sequences. It will also add a universal save format so you can transfer your saved sequences between each of the platforms. This post has info on some of the features that will be ported over to the new Android Pro version:
http://sequencer.net/sequencer-pro-beta2-features.html

(Also, please note that the features mentioned in the link are all now live on both the Windows 8 and Phone versions, I am just bad at keeping up with writing about things)

Hi.
I think that your application is pretty interesting and was wondering when you think that the latest version would be ready for Android?
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

musical android wrote:Hi.
I think that your application is pretty interesting and was wondering when you think that the latest version would be ready for Android?
I am hoping I can get a release out by the end of May / early June for this version

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”