SYNERGY STUDIO is out!!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sebastian_Dittmann wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:
Derek Buddemeyer wrote:I would really like to try this but I have such a hard time buying anything from 4pockets after feeling like I've been "burned" with apps like meteor and stompbox....hope it's good but I think I'm set for now!
I can't personally say I've been burned by them (I've never purchased anything from them), but their lack of online community has turned me off. Virtually every app I have is created by a developer that has an active community and easy access to the developer (ie facebook, a forum, etc). 4 Pockets seems to have purposely avoided any form of open communication (the best I think they have is a little-used fan created forum). Sure, you can send an email, but that hardly equates to the kind of community I look for from a developer.
As an app developer myself I feel like I need to shed some light on why some of us don't have forums.
When you're a small team, you have to really figure out what works best and what you're able to maintain in terms of customer support.

Forums have a really bad habit of attracting spammers and keeping them clean has turned out to be a full time job. I've shut down our forums because we just didn't have the manpower to keep the spammers away. I know from at least one other developer that he struggled with this as well and had to shut down a forum because of this.

My opinion is that if you can't provide a service that is pleasant to use, you should not provide it at all.
There's no excuse for not responding to emails, and/or having a Twitter and FB account. This is 2013; it's not that hard to have open communication without hosting your own forum.

FYI there's a sale going on for this app, currently half-off.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”