Audiobus

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sunrizer into Loopy HD. First Audiobus test.

http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats/audio ... 1-sunrizer
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

lofty wrote:"It's in the app description. We explicitly state that we recommend iPhone 4s, iPad 2 or newer devices. "

hey come on. that's just a straight up lie.

from itunes right now, "Compatible with iphone 3gs, iphone4, iphone4s, iphone5, ipod touch (3rd, 4rd & 5th gen) and ipad"
Please understand that DEVELOPERS HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT APPLE PUTS IN THAT PLACE. At least not to a degree that lets us leave out iPhone 4, iPod 4th gen, iPad 1 etc...
That message is automatically generated by the version of iOS that you're requiring (and iOS 5 and iOS 6 have almost the same requirements, so we have no choice).

We can only influence the app description. And in there we say that we recommend iPhone 4S, iPad 2 or newer devices.

Again: Please understand that a negative review that comes from disgruntled users hurts us far more than we gain through your 10$ (which we're only getting 7 out of, because Apple takes a 30% cut). I suggest asking Apple for a refund and waiting to use Audiobus until a faster device is available to you.

Here's a link to iTunes support so you can contact them directly.
Last edited by AudiobusApp on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lofty wrote:weird - I was thinking it was freaky all the glowing reviews on itunes and it's the first time I've felt conned to such an extent by any music app - iphone or mac based - certainly the first time I've felt necessary to flag before others make same mistake and purchase

maybe it does just need the fanciest ipad or an iphone5 already - then why the fark not say that upfront!!!! gggrrrrR!!!!
PEBKAC likely...

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Storms wrote:The negativity seems like it is only coming from one person, lofty, who failed to read the description before purchasing the software and is using a 3 year old phone (iPhone 4).

Personally, I installed it on an iPad 4 and it works great so far. In my limited testing I took SoundPrism Pro as a MIDI interface, chained it into Nlog Pro as a synth, and recorded some loops in Loopy HD. Everything just worked. Be sure to turn on the metronome in Loopy HD so you can hear a click track.

I also tried using Rebirth as a source but I couldn't get it to play - pressed play in the app and it lit up green but wouldn't play - maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I would really like to try Sunrizer as that is my favorite synth, however, I haven't seen the update appear in the store yet.

There are bound to be a few problems. Obviously the Audiobus guys have no control over how stable each and every application is. What they have done here though is remarkable. They delivered on their promises and have a great set of starting applications right out the door. I'm sure everyone will jump on the Audiobus soon and it will become a standard.
The Audiobus compatible Sunrizer came out a week or so ago.

BMoore wrote:What's your MAJOR improvement in workflow?
Once my set of apps are Audiobus compliant, my goal is to use genome sequencer to run all my synths and record everything at once on separate channels in my DAW (Auria). If I am able to do that, it will be a HUGE improvement to my workflow.
Editing, cutting, and lining up the audio post recording is a MAJOR pita, or just not possible.
I feel that is more an issue with the DAW being used, I never thought of Audiobus being responsible for timing/syncing. Auria, for example, does not have syncing (which I'm rather bummed about), so I end up using ACP and attempt to time things properly or use a synth app that has a tempo/click. Sometimes takes a few takes. But if I were able to sequence out everything, and then just hit play/record, I can record it all in one take. This is what I am hoping for with Audiobus.

I should state, I do not have Audiobus as my DAW (Auria) does not yet have it implemented and I did not want to purchase apps I wasn't really planning on using down the road just to try things out.

Why Sunrizer isn't working with Audiobus on the iPhone and iPod: the latest version of Sunrizer for iPad has Audiobus baked in already. Sunrizer XS (for iPhone and iTouch) has not been updated yet, but will be.

Last edited by lofty on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

The update for ThumbJam with Audiobus support is available NOW!

Ooops. Forgot to add...

Nice example BMoore. Sounded good. I think with Audiobus, you could, for example, have a drum app sending out MIDI sync. Then use an arp in Sunrizer MIDI-synced to the tempo of the drums. At that point, you can hit play on the drums and jam around on Sunrizer and record BOTH at the same time. Perfectly synced. There are ways to do this without Audiobus, but not quite this easily/quickly. I think this is the type of stuff Audiobus is meant to help with.

*Again, I don't own Audiobus. This is the kind of stuff I'm HOPING I will be able to do with Audiobus.

lofty wrote:I have the major grumps about all of this - I bought DAW soundprism, jamup, sir sampleton, loopy HD (unrequired) and sunrizer and was all excited about it.....
Anyone who uses the iPad for ANY period of time, knows that the "HD" means it is for iPad. I have most of the music apps of any worthy note, and I've used them for quite a while--I didn't just go buy a bunch of them, as soon as Audiobus was released, thinking, "Cool! I have a recording studio on my iPhone!". I read the forums. I communicated. I asked for help. When an app doesn't work right, the first thing to try after rebooting, is to see if the app is corrupt by backing things up and uninstalling/reinstalling. Ranting about how you were conned or ripped off or tricked or whatever it is you ranted about, without seeking help was VERY counterproductive. There are a lot of people on this forum that are willing to help if you ask.......

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote:
lofty wrote:I have the major grumps about all of this - I bought DAW soundprism, jamup, sir sampleton, loopy HD (unrequired) and sunrizer and was all excited about it.....
Anyone who uses the iPad for ANY period of time, knows that the "HD" means it is for iPad.

--Sean

Except of course that loopy hd is universal......
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:
Anyone who uses the iPad for ANY period of time, knows that the "HD" means it is for iPad.

--Sean

Except of course that loopy hd is universal......

Really? I could have sworn that I saw both Loopy and Loopy HD listed on discchord...... OK, I may have misspoken on this part...... :oops:

--Sean

I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm sure, as with all new apps, there is a certain learning curve that one needs to get through before finding what works well and what doesn't. However, it seemed simple enough to me, and I've had no problems with it. I am running ipad 3 and all apps run smoothly being processed through Audiobus. The only thing that I have noticed, is I will have several tracks loaded in Multitrack DAW with effects on them and when recording a new track (with MTDAW fx enabled on the track, it's a bit glitchy). Save your track effects and mixing for when you are running it in a single app scenario and it is fine. As far as syncing.....Multitrack DAW provides a "punch in" feature for recording. Also, just use the metronome in mtDAW for timing purposes...it does not record to the track. If that isn't something you are comfortable with, just move the track in perfect sync (go to menu in mtDAW and select "snap") you can pinch or spread the screen to reveal more or less of the grid and your track should line up perfectly.....assuming you have some decent, yet basic recording/playing skills. This is a wonderful app and I fully support it in every way....it does what it says and nothing more....but that's exactly what I need. I might be wrong, but I tend to think that there should be some skill involved in writing music....can't expect to push a button and a song pops out. Time to show some appreciation and show some positive support...these guys deserve it.
Rock On!

Ok, this is a little sloppy, but you get the idea. Sunrizer into Multitrack DAW via Audiobus, then NlOg PRO into MTDAW, a quick guitar chord through JamUp. Copied and pasted into Beatmaker 2 for drums and panning effects. 5 minute job.

http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/audiobus-synth-test
Rock On!

Exactly! I agree! The Audiobus team has worked hard for something that is sorely needed, and on day of release, without even asking for help, they just complain about how they were ripped off, lied to, etc. If it were possible to enforce, I would pay the refund if they promised to never purchase or buy the Audiobus app again. It's easy to complain on release day, but once any niggles that might be there are gone, and once it is supported by everybody, I'd love to have a peep at the whiner's iOS systems, because I am quite confident that the little Audiobus app would be there, and used frequently.

Let's take note. Six months from today, lets revisit this thread and see what has become of Audiobus. ;-)

--Sean

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”