Audiobus

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just so you guys know:

We've got an "Apps" Tab in the Audiobus app that you can use to find apps that support ... Audiobus ('duh).
But we've also added a search function in there that queries the Apple App Store database for apps if it doesn't find the app you're looking for in the Audiobus Database.
You'll have a little "notify" button there where you can leave your email address and get notified once the app you were looking for is available.

You can see screenshots of it in the most recent CreateDigitalMusic article about Audiobus.

Just in case you missed it... AudioBus....mobile musicians, gear up!!! This changes everything you've known about mobile music production. AudioBus drops the bomb Dec. 10th...you don't want to miss this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDpjvTYl6U4
Rock On!

And away we go...

Looking forward to hearing what happens next.

Have to say at this stage I feel like I just went to an over hyped movie

it's clever but so far not really that useful to me, very hard to get things to synch to the start of loops or recordings unless someone has a handy hint
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:Have to say at this stage I feel like I just went to an over hyped movie
I kind of feel the same way about the whole iOS music app "revolution". Very disillusioned at the moment. It's like, I can see the potential...but so far it seems we've just scratched the surface - hopefully.

Heed their warning about inadvertently creating a feedback loop!

I had JamUp in the FX slot and accidentally touched Loopy for the input instead of the mic input. Loopy was already set to receive the signal in the output.

Lots of feedback noise without a way to stop it. The whole device was locked up for several minutes until the iPOD reset itself.

Dern clumsy fat fingers. Glad it wasn't hooked up to my sound system.

BiancaNeve wrote:Have to say at this stage I feel like I just went to an over hyped movie

it's clever but so far not really that useful to me, very hard to get things to synch to the start of loops or recordings unless someone has a handy hint
I feel the same.

Syncing may have to be a feature of the recording app side. Record on first note, count in/out etc.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

I'm not all that familiar with DAW, but if it doesn't have click track then you can audiopaste one into it's own track.

I had to do that with other apps I was using. Anyway, you can paste in a click, then start your song on measure 2, that way you will always have a measure of click to make sure things start on time.

Not sure how applicable that is to you, or if it will help you, but that is probably the approach I'm going to take anyway, at least to try it out and see if it works out.

Shawn

I swear...ACP works better for me.

I've not wanted my money back for an app this much since I bought MorphWiz.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Last edited by lofty on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nope, multitrack daw not (currently) available as an output on the ipad either :(

edit: ok, updated and available :wink:
Last edited by jbe on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by lofty on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbe wrote:nope, multitrack daw not (currently) available as an output on the ipad either :(
Sure it is. Lots people, myself included, had trouble getting the updated Multi Track DAW- the App Store wasn't flagging it like it usually does updates, but I just searched for it and the update was there.

Just for balance....working great for me on an ipad 3 and very useful, it's only just launched, give it time. It's only as good as e end DAW (and looper isn't ideal...), once we get descent DAWs at the end it will be very useful.

SLiC wrote:Just for balance....working great for me on an ipad 3 and very useful, it's only just launched, give it time. It's only as good as e end DAW (and looper isn't ideal...), once we get descent DAWs at the end it will be very useful.
:tu:

Only had time for a quick test on iPad 3 but so far seems to work really well. No crashes. Does exactly what it says it will do (although I only have Loopy HD to record output). Audio was bit jitter with some app combinations, probably related to app buffer settings.

I reckon this app is a MAJOR improvement to iOS workflow. Let's hope more apps provide support in the near future.

Ability to save Audiobus configurations would be nice too - nothing very obvious on the GUI, maybe I missed it.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”