Poll: Best current iOS sampler and why it is the best

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk

What do you think is the best sampler for classic sampling for iOS

Poll ended at Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:40 pm

The sampler built into Beatmaker 2
31%
Thumbjam's built-in sampler
No votes
The sampler built into Meteor (in app purchase)
No votes
Sir Sampleton
No votes
Samplewiz
No votes
Bismark BS-16i (more a sample player, but.....)
No votes
Samplr
46%
Other (please identify sampler and why it is your favorite)
8%
Fish (For those who read the thread but don't care)
15%

Total votes: 13

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I wonder why no one voted :o for SampleWiz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irpj9HdkiH0
looks and sounds great with interesting features. Does it
have issues I overlooked?

Will Samplr :love: as I mentioned earlier
BTW http://www.sampplr.com
and SampleWiz work with my setup?
Lack of musicmaking time lately but
when I recover from this nightmare I will get
either get one or both if they work with my
setup.

I have the IconnectMIDI2+
http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI2plus
which is CoreMidi compatible.

This is actually a very old poll. At the time, SampleWiz had basically been abandoned by its developer. It had no Audiobus capability, so it was only really useful for live situations. Since that time, the developer of ThumbJam stepped forward and volunteered to add Audiobus to the app. This has made SampleWiz useful, but it happened 'after' the poll had already taken place. Further development is again in limbo, but at least it is useful until something in the OS or Audiobus SDK breaks it. So for now, it is OK. :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote:This is actually a very old poll. At the time, SampleWiz had basically been abandoned by its developer. It had no Audiobus capability, so it was only really useful for live situations. Since that time, the developer of ThumbJam stepped forward and volunteered to add Audiobus to the app. This has made SampleWiz useful, but it happened 'after' the poll had already taken place. Further development is again in limbo, but at least it is useful until something in the OS or Audiobus SDK breaks it. So for now, it is OK. :-)
thanks for the explanation!
So I suppose it is not CoreMidi compatible
I have the IconnectMIDI2+
http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI2plus
which is CoreMidi compatible.
Since iConnectMIDI2+ has also audio will the audio
side of this device work ok. My feeing is that it will.

I'm not sure about that..... I haven't used SampleWiz in a long while, and I don't have any of the IconnectMIDI devies...
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

It's all about Beatmaker ;) But maybe I'm biast lol
Ben Jay - Founder, Prime Loops [2GB Free Download for my friends...Click Banner!]

Hi all,first sorry for my bad english.
As a professional music producer and owner of a lot of hardware and vintage instruments,i was looking for a good and serious sampler on ipad to enjoy mobile music during vacation ;)
I spent a lot of time and few money before finding the ultimate sampler on ios platform and to my mind,the best is beatmaker2.but to be precise,i use it only as a midi sampler,controled by cubasis and recorded by audiobus into DAW,i dont use the sequencer of this aplication.
Beatmaker sampler is the most close to hardware classical sampling machine like Akai S1000 or roland S50.
For sure,it is not the ultimate sampler compare to ensoniq or EMU last samplers but it does the job!:-multi layers,easy keyboard multi maping sounds,minimal synth sounds edit like ADSR,filert ADSR,2 lfo with different waveforms(just few destinations,cut, res, vol,pitch)but its enough for giving life to cold digital samples;)
Loop tools are ok.there is a very good wave editors,very usefull for cleaning loops from dirty noises,cut and past,reverse,time stretch etc...IN fact it is the best wave editor i found and i use it not only for editing short samples for the sampler,but also for editing long samples like vocals,and audio copy and past into DAW like Auria and Cubasis.
hope this infomations can help!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”