Audio interface list Ipad 4

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found this one too.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... -interface

It looks like it needs a hub though. Anyway, I'll check out the 800 .

Thank you,
Shawn

Roland Duo Capture EX. Works with CCK, is powered by AC or batteries. Doesn't require hub.

I don't think that one is out yet.

sealpt wrote:I don't think that one is out yet.
Will be soon. Sweetwater is already taking orders.

sealpt wrote:I found this one too.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... -interface

It looks like it needs a hub though. Anyway, I'll check out the 800 .

Thank you,
Shawn
I have the Tascam US-144 MKII, but can't seem to get it working through a powered USB hub into my iPad 2. I don't think it's 100% compliant.

If anyone knows how to get this one to work, please post. I use this on my laptop and love it. Maybe there's some sort of firmware update. IDK
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

Scarlett 2i2 works fine..I use mine with an external battery.only downside to using the battery is that phantom power doesn't work.so for that I use the ac adaptor.ipad mini with cck and lighting to 30 pin .i'll post a pic of my setup when I get a chance.

xLiTo wrote:Scarlett 2i2 works fine..I use mine with an external battery.only downside to using the battery is that phantom power doesn't work.so for that I use the ac adaptor.ipad mini with cck and lighting to 30 pin .i'll post a pic of my setup when I get a chance.
Is there any particular reason why you went Lightning->30 pin->CCK vs. just getting the Lightning->USB cable?

I'm about to buy the Lightning->USB cable for my iPad 4 and I want to make sure there are no show stoppers with class compliant audio/midi.

I was thinking the same thing. It would just be lightning to USB, or are they the same thing? I guess if you get it at the apple store you could always return it if it doesn't work.

Shawn

I have the lightning to camera connector and it works great. Just to be sure you purchase the right cable, it is the camera connector. The lightning to USB is meant for charging the iPad.

One reason to go with lightning to 30-pin is if you already have several 30-pin devices. You could potentially continue using all of those devices. I realized everything I hook up is USB, so I went for the lightning to camera. I do have iRig MIDI which is 30-pin, but have ended up not needing it.

This is the one to get, right?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821 ... ra-adapter

Note, this is not the card reader.

Shawn

Yes. That is the one I got. I have used it with my USB keyboard controller and the iConnectMIDI. Haven't tried it with my camera yet...I probably should.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Storms wrote:
xLiTo wrote:Scarlett 2i2 works fine..I use mine with an external battery.only downside to using the battery is that phantom power doesn't work.so for that I use the ac adaptor.ipad mini with cck and lighting to 30 pin .i'll post a pic of my setup when I get a chance.
Is there any particular reason why you went Lightning->30 pin->CCK vs. just getting the Lightning->USB cable?

I'm about to buy the Lightning->USB cable for my iPad 4 and I want to make sure there are no show stoppers with class compliant audio/midi.

this is the cable i purchased ..i went with this one bcuz i have the old cck kit from my ipad 1st gen..also i have a iphone 5 that i still wanted to use with my synthstation 25.works great..

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824 ... m?fnode=3a (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m?fnode=3a)

I put the lightning camera adapter on my Ipad4, and used the Tascam US-800, and they work like a champ. One thing I noticed was the whole set up just stopped working about 10 minutes in. I reset it all and went for almost an hour with no problems. I think it was because I was running a background app or something that messed it up.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and tips on the interface. I'm really happy this thing is working.

Shawn

RME babyface is now class compliant.

sealpt wrote:I put the lightning camera adapter on my Ipad4, and used the Tascam US-800, and they work like a champ. One thing I noticed was the whole set up just stopped working about 10 minutes in. I reset it all and went for almost an hour with no problems. I think it was because I was running a background app or something that messed it up.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and tips on the interface. I'm really happy this thing is working.

Shawn
Thanks for letting me know. I'll pick up that cable now. Happy music making!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”