session band app

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it like sampletank where buying the extra loops just unlocks the ones you already downloaded or is it 600meg plus any further loops ?

Thanks
Instant human just add coffee

Mentioned earlier- extra loops = extra downloads.. The whole thing would be a few GB i imagine

---To me the acoustic rhythms sound like reggae....I bought the bundle after buying the rock yesterday...

I bought it in the end. Ingenious isn't it :)
Instant human just add coffee

Can someone please post a link to this app? I searched and couldn't find it.

Thanks!

[quote="Kwyn"]Can someone please post a link to this app? I searched and couldn't find it.

Thanks![/quote]

Just noticed that the whole Sessionband sound set is in a promotion for £5...that's what $7? its about 2.5gb ...giveaway. its a lot of space on the device but i think its awesome...esp for that kind of money!!!! its what we call a knob-rainer!!

I don't see a way to purchase the whole bundle only individual unlock options for each style.

Any help would be appreciated.

[quote="Keebo"]I don't see a way to purchase the whole bundle only individual unlock options for each style.

Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

Fairly straightforward....buy the app first.... and click on one of the styles that doesnt come preloaded ie. that you have to UNLOCK ....that brings up a menu of options. If you want to enable all the styles go for the one called COMPLETE SET or BUNDLE I think. Buy that and then you are free to download them all.....one at a time as you try them out. Good fun.

Oh, OK. I was afraid that if I clicked the unlock button for a style that it would just but that style only.

Thanks.

[quote="Keebo"]Oh, OK. I was afraid that if I clicked the unlock button for a style that it would just but that style only.

Thanks.[/quote]

No you buy packs of styles not single ones. Good luck

Understood.

Cheers.

Review summary - Don't buy.

I am a Professional musician and love playing on the iPad.
I bought SessionBand hoping it will deliver it's 80,000 pro recorded loops.
I also made the extra purchase of unlocking all extra content ("complete bundle") to make sure i get all the loops.
I must say that although the UI is amazing, the app at it's current state is a rip off.
There are a 71 music arrangements in which you get 5 play types (normal, 3xfill and a finale) for 12 notes and 7 chord types (7x12x5=420)
So... you get less than 30,000 music loops.
Just that these are not real loop recording but just low grade midi arrangements that get transposed to match your note selection.

I was hoping for something great but got a crappy "band in a box" wanna be (it doesn't even come close of being a good band in a box).

I really hope they will fix it in the future and deliver the promised pro grade loops instead of the current ones.

vago wrote:Review summary - Don't buy.

I am a Professional musician and love playing on the iPad.
I bought SessionBand hoping it will deliver it's 80,000 pro recorded loops.
I also made the extra purchase of unlocking all extra content ("complete bundle") to make sure i get all the loops.
I must say that although the UI is amazing, the app at it's current state is a rip off.
There are a 71 music arrangements in which you get 5 play types (normal, 3xfill and a finale) for 12 notes and 7 chord types (7x12x5=420)
So... you get less than 30,000 music loops.
Just that these are not real loop recording but just low grade midi arrangements that get transposed to match your note selection.

I was hoping for something great but got a crappy "band in a box" wanna be (it doesn't even come close of being a good band in a box).

I really hope they will fix it in the future and deliver the promised pro grade loops instead of the current ones.
It's definitely not midi... They are audio loops.. It does need a few features added/fixed
I'd actually prefer if it was a good midi app instead.. I've run out of room on my iPad..
The editing I find very clunky .. The acoustic/blues/folk/country sounds are played by people not sure about the electronic as I haven't listened to it much but what I did hear sounded pretty sequenced but I guess in a lot of cases in the studio it is!

Sorry double post

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”