new audiobus ready apps released- Listing Here

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiojunkie wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:I think it's going to be a must now. Not just Audiobus enable, but I have an Apogee Jam interface and my Arturia Minibrute just arrived yesterday which has a single 1/4 " out to plug into Apogee Jam. I think I'll put some true analog tracks on my ipad along with all those beautiful iOS synths. Oh boy, times are good for musicians!
Sounds really nice! I was playing with my Roland JV-1010 with my iPad the other night. I was using TB MIDI Stuff as a controller and listening and comparing my iPad synths against the Roland synth to see how the sounds compare quality-wise. We've come a long way on the iPad!

--Sean
I got TB midi stuff! Great app. I built a stage to control a couple Beatmaker 2 banks and swap to Sunrizer or another iOS synth and control all from the same area. Cool app. I was just thinking after playing around the last 30 min on my Roland SH-32, that I now have a good sampling of what's available. Two hardware VA's, one true analog, a bunch of vst's, a whole lot of iOS softsynths, and my consensus was right with you. We live in fantastic times for producing sounds and music. They all stack pretty well against each other and I love having all the options. They all have a lot of character. I let my 11 year old son listen a little to some comparisons. Minibrute he kept saying "whoa, that's awesome", then the Venom same thing, then Alchemy Mobile (got the dubstep pack among others), same reaction, then on to z3ta+, all have some wicked sounds all fun to play. I jumped on the SH-32 because that one I bought for him to help him learn filter envelopes and sound shaping. I pulled some really good sounds out of it and we both loved it. He and I both were really impressed at what we could do for screaming leads, fat bass, wobbly bass, lush pads. It all sounded cool.

:D
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

The mobile app realm just makes it so I can take that studio anywhere with me, throw on some good headphones and get to work having fun and twisting out sounds or tracks or beats!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:I think it's going to be a must now. Not just Audiobus enable, but I have an Apogee Jam interface and my Arturia Minibrute just arrived yesterday which has a single 1/4 " out to plug into Apogee Jam. I think I'll put some true analog tracks on my ipad along with all those beautiful iOS synths. Oh boy, times are good for musicians!
Sounds really nice! I was playing with my Roland JV-1010 with my iPad the other night. I was using TB MIDI Stuff as a controller and listening and comparing my iPad synths against the Roland synth to see how the sounds compare quality-wise. We've come a long way on the iPad!

--Sean
I got TB midi stuff! Great app. I built a stage to control a couple Beatmaker 2 banks and swap to Sunrizer or another iOS synth and control all from the same area. Cool app. I was just thinking after playing around the last 30 min on my Roland SH-32, that I now have a good sampling of what's available. Two hardware VA's, one true analog, a bunch of vst's, a whole lot of iOS softsynths, and my consensus was right with you. We live in fantastic times for producing sounds and music. They all stack pretty well against each other and I love having all the options. They all have a lot of character. I let my 11 year old son listen a little to some comparisons. Minibrute he kept saying "whoa, that's awesome", then the Venom same thing, then Alchemy Mobile (got the dubstep pack among others), same reaction, then on to z3ta+, all have some wicked sounds all fun to play. I jumped on the SH-32 because that one I bought for him to help him learn filter envelopes and sound shaping. I pulled some really good sounds out of it and we both loved it. He and I both were really impressed at what we could do for screaming leads, fat bass, wobbly bass, lush pads. It all sounded cool.

:D
I'm always impressed with the sound quality of the demo songs that patch makers make to demonstrate their new patches. As I listen to the songs, I keep thinking to myself, "This is all made from an iPad!"

I'm not as educated musically as a lot of the professionals here that do this for a living (it's my hobby), so it always shows me how far I have to go with my production skills. :hihi: :P Pretty much everything audio-wise I've learned in the last 20 years has NOT come from a school. KVR has probably been the best school I've ever attended. :-) Anyway, the point is, that it is amazing what can be done with the tools available in these little iOS devices, when they are put into the right hands! Just amazing! :-)

By the way, I just picked up a new audiobus app last night that only one blog decided to mention--"Guitarism." It is cheap! (only $2.99!). It is, however, designed for the iPhone, but VERY playable through JamUP Pro when blown up from 1x to 2x, and I've been having a LOT of fun with it! You ought to check it out! It's only $2.99!! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Wormhelmet wrote:The mobile app realm just makes it so I can take that studio anywhere with me, throw on some good headphones and get to work having fun and twisting out sounds or tracks or beats!
Exactly! The extreme portability and convenience is what makes it possible for me to be able to continue doing my hobby while still trying to stay in the rat race and have a family. :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Hey guys, guitarism creator here - just wanted to post the demo video I made for guitarism as played through JamUp over Audiobus. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiLFO5xLsOQ

Rhism wrote:Hey guys, guitarism creator here - just wanted to post the demo video I made for guitarism as played through JamUp over Audiobus. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiLFO5xLsOQ
Hey Rhism! Thanks for stopping in! :-) Are you open to any improvement suggestions? There are a couple of things that don't seem to difficult, but would be very helpful for me.

For example, I use an iPad. I run your app in 2x mode. I generally keep my tablet locked in the landscape mode where the iPad home button is on the left. All of my applications open and run upright in this position. However, Guitarism opens upside-down. It would be nice to have the application open upright in the correct direction that the tablet is locked in. Currently, I can get around this by locking my tablet in the landscape mode with the iPad home button on the right. However, I'm left handed, and it feels much more comfortable for me to have the home button on the left. I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug or an oversight, but it would be really helpful for my work flow.

A universal version that has graphics designed specifically for iPad, along with graphics for the iPhone, would be REALLY nice. :-)

Thanks for listening!

--Sean

Thanks for the shout out Sean! I do plan to add native iPad support hopefully soon.

In the meantime, you can change the orientation by going into the Settings app, scroll down and select "guitarism" and then change "Home button position" from Right to Left. A lot of folks have been asking about this lately so I might move this setting from the Settings app (hard to find) to the Settings screen in the main app.

Let me know if you have any other issues! You can reach me at support@rhism.com

Thanks,
Adil
Rhism

Rhism wrote:Thanks for the shout out Sean! I do plan to add native iPad support hopefully soon.

In the meantime, you can change the orientation by going into the Settings app, scroll down and select "guitarism" and then change "Home button position" from Right to Left. A lot of folks have been asking about this lately so I might move this setting from the Settings app (hard to find) to the Settings screen in the main app.

Let me know if you have any other issues! You can reach me at support@rhism.com

Thanks,
Adil
Rhism
COOL!!!! Great to know!!! Thanks!!! :-)

By the way, is there any way to increase the volume on the mute strums? They are really quiet, and a lot of rhythmic patterns use mute strumming as part of the song--I use this a lot. Thanks! :-)

--Sean

Interesting - no one's asked me about the muted volume before. There's no way to change its volume right now - of course, it becomes louder or softer as you strum faster or softer, but that's it. I'll look into rebalancing it a bit, what kinds of songs are you trying to play that require this? If you have any links / recordings of music like this that'll help me in bringing out the right kind of volume levels.

Rhism wrote:Interesting - no one's asked me about the muted volume before. There's no way to change its volume right now - of course, it becomes louder or softer as you strum faster or softer, but that's it. I'll look into rebalancing it a bit, what kinds of songs are you trying to play that require this? If you have any links / recordings of music like this that'll help me in bringing out the right kind of volume levels.
I wasn't aware that strum speed controls mute strum volume. I'll try playing with my playing speed and see how that works for me. Thanks for listening!

--Sean

Cubasis
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

audiojunkie wrote:
Rhism wrote:Interesting - no one's asked me about the muted volume before. There's no way to change its volume right now - of course, it becomes louder or softer as you strum faster or softer, but that's it. I'll look into rebalancing it a bit, what kinds of songs are you trying to play that require this? If you have any links / recordings of music like this that'll help me in bringing out the right kind of volume levels.
I wasn't aware that strum speed controls mute strum volume. I'll try playing with my playing speed and see how that works for me. Thanks for listening!

--Sean
I've tried varying my strum speed, but didn't notice any change in volume whether strumming/muting/picking/etc.. W.I. Guitar uses a cool method that you may want to integrate for all of your volume controls--when strumming/picking/muting/etc the volume is being controlled using this simple method: the volume becomes louder the closer one plays near the neck, and quieter the further from the neck one plays. There is about 2 inches of strum space, which should be great for varying the volume. Have the volume play quietly at one side of the strumming field, and have the volume increase the closer one plays to the other side of the strumming field. Thanks for listening! :-)

--Sean

I've tried that technique and don't really like it because it doesn't feel natural at all to change volume by moving up and down the neck, since that's not what you do on a real guitar. Are you sure you're getting no volume change from adjusting your strumming speed? Note that the effect is more pronounced when you're wearing headphones (or plugged into an external speaker) than using the device's internal speaker...

Rhism wrote:I've tried that technique and don't really like it because it doesn't feel natural at all to change volume by moving up and down the neck, since that's not what you do on a real guitar. Are you sure you're getting no volume change from adjusting your strumming speed? Note that the effect is more pronounced when you're wearing headphones (or plugged into an external speaker) than using the device's internal speaker...
Thanks for replying! I've tried several times, and I just don't hear any difference. I can barely hear any mute strums (regardless of what I try), and I just can't hear any change in volume whether I strum slowly or quickly.

Here are some basic examples of the kind of muted strumming I do. Muted strumming is a very powerful rhythmic effect for rhythm guitarists, and hopefully you'll see how important and useful it is with guitar playing. The volume of the mutes need to be a little higher in order for this sound to be achieved well. If varying the mutes is too much work, is there a way to just bring the volume up with the mutes, or make it a switch?

Here are some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzhUfRPjSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyEXzQog9gs

If you listen closely, you'll hear that the mutes are not necessarily quieter, but they just sound different (more percussive).

Thanks again for listening! :-)

--Sean

Thanks for sending those video links - extremely helpful for reference! I'll look into how best to enable this kind of sound - definitely worth trying to do this!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”