Cubasis for iPad arrives...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does Cubasis actually have a count-in when recording with Audiobus?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

sure,If you mean a metronome click.starts 1-2 bars before recording.

Thanks. Missing this feature in Loopy.
Maybe Cubasis would take over as my record-in-to app.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

First things first, so: thank you Steinberg for making Cubasis!

I have Music Studio, NanoStudio, Beatmaker 2 and FL Studio Mobile and none of those felt sufficient. NanoStudio features a great synth and some decent effects, but I still never really got used to it.

After reading this thread I decided to buy Cubasis and Audiobus. Man was I positively surprised! They work absolutely great together. Cubasis is pretty much a real Daw for iPad and the Audiobus integration completes it. Only thing that I felt inadequate was the lack of integrated drum sampler with a possibility to make user kits. I ended up buying DM1, which happens support user kits and works great with Dropbox. Now I feel that my iPad production set up is something more than a toy or a sketch board.

I really can recommend Cubasis and Audiobus combination for anyone who wants or needs to use iPad for more than just catching musical ideas. I for example work quite far away from my home and spend four nights in a week away in a really small apartment.

Here's a small demo clip i quickly made using Cubasis, Audiobus, Animoog, Sunrizer and DM1 with my own drum samples:

https://soundcloud.com/m-d-m-k/ipad-house-clip-cubasis

Cool demo.

I'm waiting to see if BM2 can be controlled and synced via Audiobus before I splash out at Cubasis. It's a little on the expensive side.

MDMK wrote:First things first, so: thank you Steinberg for making Cubasis!

I have Music Studio, NanoStudio, Beatmaker 2 and FL Studio Mobile and none of those felt sufficient. NanoStudio features a great synth and some decent effects, but I still never really got used to it.

After reading this thread I decided to buy Cubasis and Audiobus. Man was I positively surprised! They work absolutely great together. Cubasis is pretty much a real Daw for iPad and the Audiobus integration completes it. Only thing that I felt inadequate was the lack of integrated drum sampler with a possibility to make user kits. I ended up buying DM1, which happens support user kits and works great with Dropbox. Now I feel that my iPad production set up is something more than a toy or a sketch board.

I really can recommend Cubasis and Audiobus combination for anyone who wants or needs to use iPad for more than just catching musical ideas. I for example work quite far away from my home and spend four nights in a week away in a really small apartment.

Here's a small demo clip i quickly made using Cubasis, Audiobus, Animoog, Sunrizer and DM1 with my own drum samples:

https://soundcloud.com/m-d-m-k/ipad-house-clip-cubasis
My sentiments exactly. With Cubasis, DM1, and JamUp XT, I have a real setup finally on the iPad. I do have Auria as well, but I just didn't gel with it; Cubasis feels more at home, given my regular DAW is Studio One.

How are you synching dm1 to cubasis? As far as I can see it doesn't have virtual midi.
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:How are you synching dm1 to cubasis? As far as I can see it doesn't have virtual midi.
I'm not. I've found I don't like using Audiobus for rhythm-based instruments. I just do the drum sequences in DM1, then audiocopy/paste. Works well.

I wish Audiobus started the transports of input instruments, that would easily solve that problem. Same goes for Figure as well.

BiancaNeve wrote:How are you synching dm1 to cubasis? As far as I can see it doesn't have virtual midi.

I don't midi sync DM1 either. I record audio via Audiobus or audio copy and fine tune the sycncing manually with the internal (really good) wave editor. It's a pretty easy task. Steinberg should still include drum sampler capable of multiple outputs and user samples. Heck, they should work out a deal with Fingerlabs and include a build in version of DM1 into Cubasis. DM1 is close to perfection as a drum sampler.

Huge update. I don't own ths app yet, but it looks tempting.

- Cubasis now supports up to 24 physical inputs giving you the possibility to record up to 24 audio tracks simultaneously!
- New information overlay for UNDO/REDO operations.
- Effect windows will now open immediately after they have been inserted.
- The overall stability of the app has been improved.
- The Audiobus integration has been improved and many user reported problems have been solved.
- Resolves a problem that occurred when undo and redo could lead to loss of audio data in some cases.
- Loading a project that contains Audiobus tracks no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Recording audio tracks that are assigned to the microphone input of Audiobus work now as expected.
- Virtual MIDI can now be chosen in the MIDI connections panel of the inspector (independent of connected hardware devices or MIDI network connection settings).
- Importing zipped Cubasis project files that contain audio data no longer lead to missing audio files.
- The overall level of an audio mixdown no longer differs from the master output level of a project.
- Audio input settings can now be changed when working with audio interfaces that support more than two input channels.
- A problem that appeared when trying to select an audio input using audio interfaces with more than eight input channels was solved.
- The VU meter of a channel in the mixer now reacts accordingly to the panner position.
- UNDO and REDO operations after a track has been recorded no longer affect the input assignment of a track.
- UNDO and REDO operations after a track has been recorded no longer affect the track naming.
- UNDO changes within the audio editor no longer result in displaying partly invisible waveforms.
- The pitch bend range of MIDI tracks that are routed to external apps will now be played back correctly.
- The MediaBay view now remains at its position after an item has been deleted.
- Importing a Cubasis project file that contains a project name that already exists no longer fails.
- Solved a problem where the input metering displayed an incorrect value after an external audio device had been connected.
- Swipe horizontally over the MIDI channel numbers of the MIDI Connections to change the channel number.
- UNDO and REDO no longer reset user-defined track names to its default name.
- An issue that occurred after copy-pasting events has been solved.
- It is now possible to record pitch bend on top of existing MIDI events.
- The order of tracks no longer gets mixed up when importing MIDI tracks.
- The pitch wheel no longer keeps its position when closing the keyboard/drumpads while being used.
- A problem that occurred moving MIDI events that contained pitch bend data was solved.

If you use Audiobus please install the latest Audiobus update to ensure 100% compatibility with this Cubasis version.

App seems to crash now when I select undo on a project that I made on an earlier version of Cubasis. :(

I mentioned the update a few days ago here... http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=375308

I have a question for you current Cubasis owners. The Cubasis specs say that audio import is possible over USB with iTunes file sharing. I would like to create rhythm tracks on my studio computer, mix them down to a 44.1/16 bit wave file and then import the wave files into Cubasis so I can add tracks on top (bass, synths, etc). Is it possible to do what I'm asking?

billw wrote:I have a question for you current Cubasis owners. The Cubasis specs say that audio import is possible over USB with iTunes file sharing. I would like to create rhythm tracks on my studio computer, mix them down to a 44.1/16 bit wave file and then import the wave files into Cubasis so I can add tracks on top (bass, synths, etc). Is it possible to do what I'm asking?
Sure, absolutely. You can do that, or upload them individually over wifi.

polaris20 wrote:
billw wrote:I have a question for you current Cubasis owners. The Cubasis specs say that audio import is possible over USB with iTunes file sharing. I would like to create rhythm tracks on my studio computer, mix them down to a 44.1/16 bit wave file and then import the wave files into Cubasis so I can add tracks on top (bass, synths, etc). Is it possible to do what I'm asking?
Excellent....thank you. Looks like I'll go ahead and buy this.

billw wrote:
polaris20 wrote:
Excellent....thank you. Looks like I'll go ahead and buy this.
Yeah just make sure the tempos are the same, of course, because it doesn't do any Acid-like stretching of audio, unfortunately.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”