Cubasis for iPad arrives...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZINO wrote:since you people are so short sighted and immature.
well,to be honest.The only imature action i can see so far is a so called"professional"thats poking around and calling people idiots and trolls (a dozen time or so)just because he can not accept the fact,that it still IS possible to produce serious and professional music in 16 Bit.i'm pretty sure you wouldn't hear any difference if it's well produced.

Didn't notice this abusive,childish behavior from any other poster here.

Btw,a"toy"is a good thing to me.Toys making fun.Thats how it should work with music.

Can anyone verify that you can add your own drum samples to create custom kits?

This will be a deal breaker for me if not...

ZINO wrote:The latter doesn't exclude me "a priory" from the "Mobile Apps and Hardware" forum. HOWEVER, I am happily self excluded, since you people are so short sighted and immature. Bye and for good this time.
However being a priory (A priory being a monastery of men or women under religious vows that is headed by a prior or prioress.)
might be considered to be a priori justification of exclusion from a mobile forum.
Instant human just add coffee

mobetta wrote:Can anyone verify that you can add your own drum samples to create custom kits?

This will be a deal breaker for me if not...
Not possible (yet).

Im gonna hold off until i can bring in my own drums and they add more sounds. The app looks very promising though, unlimited tracks, interface, export, definitely will keep it on the radar.

mobetta wrote:Im gonna hold off until i can bring in my own drums and they add more sounds. The app looks very promising though, unlimited tracks, interface, export, definitely will keep it on the radar.
For me the onboard instruments aren't so important, chances are that I will never like them anyway and we have already some pretty cool synths and beat boxes for ios.

Would prefer that they concentrate on the daw side, ios integration, ... . I wouldn't mind to see some midi fx as well.
A notepad for each track would be neat too.

btw there's a little bug with midi notes getting stucked when muting a part.

yeah ur right, if they have virtual midi, i could sync it with the impc, korg synths, beatmaker, etc.

i'm really tempted to go pick up a ipad mini, but i have been let down by ios apps so much before.
it does look very intuitive though, i least they are trying to make a full app sequencing functionality, perhaps the best ive seen so far, and hopefully will continue to update...

I just learned that the Cubase compatibility requires a new version (not the version 4.5) I have. So now, unless it also saves/exports MIDI files, I'm no longer interested because my goal is a good multitrack MIDI sequencer for MIDI hardware, not a DAW.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:I just learned that the Cubase compatibility requires a new version (not the version 4.5) I have. So now, unless it also saves/exports MIDI files, I'm no longer interested because my goal is a good multitrack MIDI sequencer for MIDI hardware, not a DAW.
Yep you can export Midi files.

It seems that exported midi files are type 0,so you loose the track name and channel assignement. Then each tracks get a channel number so I guess that you are limited to max 16 midi tracks.
Still much better than nothing.

I had some problems when exporting to 6.5 with the audio fx that would sound really strange, beside that it looked fine.

If anyone in the USA wants this or any other app for that matter, Vons grocery is running their promo again til next week. A $50 iTunes card for $35!

why don't they release this for windows 8 tablets with vst support???

Wtf? So you really have no clue why 24bit is good in recordings?
It's got nothing to do with higher frequencies. You are mixing it up with samplerate here. It's about headroom and avoiding the quantizing errors translating into the final 16bit format. In cases where you do several A/D and D/A conversions(outboard digital effects) or record something with vast dynamic range this becomes essential.

16bit is just fine for finished material. You can't hear a (major)difference in normal music listening with 16bit and 24bit. That doesn't mean higher bit depth isn't useful in the music making process. I don't think there's any benefit in 24bit recordings on an iPad though, with it's shitty converters and all. 16bit is just fine. No one's going to do anything too serious with this toy anyway right? It only saves space on the device and cuts down on unnecessary processing. That's why Steiny did it that way. The mixing and effects part is surely 32bit.

And I'm prob getting this cool toy soon :D
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Thanks for schooling us, I'm sure no one had heard any of that before...

I'm starting to wonder if I should grab all my collected older music processed at 16/44 and throw it in the toy bin for all the kids to play with. It's really a good thing my 8 bit samples library is all recorded at pristine 24 bit 192 KHz professional audio quality too.

I honestly don't know how anyone did anything back then with no headroom for AD/DA conversions and tight dithering tolerances the way they were. It must have been like some sort of musical alchemy requiring Arcane knowledge and favors from summoned spirits.

I like toys though still, so I guess I'm good for a few years. I often wonder about that HD TV stuff too. How do people ever watch that old format 480p or 720p junk. I usually grab my smudged up glasses to help my old eyes get that high def close up of some actors pock marked face, while I listen to that 8.1 channel audio through my gaming chair speakers.

HD audio is definitely the way to go though. I once listened to a recording all processed HD through an HD audio player and I was actually able to hear a chunk of phlegm and spittle traveling through a saxophone, then landing on the back of the neck of the musician in front of the guy with the sax, and a slightly audible "awww" came through which I had previously mistook for a blended clarinet note.

Once that clarity is there, it's just difficult to go back to those cavemen toys of yesteryear.....

:hihi:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”