Cubasis for iPad arrives...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tehlord wrote:From the Steinberg website :-

Mixer with over 10 effect processors

Sooooooooo, 11? :?
bnz wrote:The effects:
- Reverb
- Chorus
- Flanger
- Limiter
- Amp Sm
- EQ
- Delay
- Phaser
- Filter
- Compressor
- Overdrive
It's funny 'cuz it's true. :hihi:

Anyway, I'm not a Cubase user, but it's cool to see developers bringing forth cool DAWs like this for portable use. Hopefully, Cakewalk, PreSonus, Avid, etc. will get in the game and we'll start to see more (and better) products for tablets in the near future.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

ZINO wrote:Nice $50 toy for you. I'll stick with my big Cubase, thanks.
Excellent trolling. First, look at the title of this forum: Mobile Apps and Hardware. If it doesn't interest you, then don't click.

Second, seeing as how this runs on a sub 1.5 pound device that can be used anywhere, and then imported into your regular Cubase sessions, for only $50, I fail to see how this is a toy.

man,i cant say how much i want an iLogic now.With the ability to finish the songs on my Macbook of course :love:

Here's a quick demo I made while playing with the app. It only uses the built-in instruments and effects that come with Cubasis, and exported straight to Soundcloud which I love that functionality. To be honest the pickings are slim when it comes to the built-in sounds. Some of the loops sound pretty good though. Hopefully they'll make additional sound packs available and of course Audiobus support :). I'm just glad to see this day come. I still remember the first day I played a vst instrument in Cubase back around 97 and saw what the future would bring. When I bought my iPad 4 years ago I knew this day would also come. I'm glad Cubase was the first one to do just like back in 97. Congrats Steinberg!

https://soundcloud.com/roymaya/wildcat

That's twice in this thread I've heard it mentioned Cubase was the first to do this. I don't understand. First to do what? Do what the other apps like Meteor, Tabletop, Auria, etc (I could go on) are already doing??
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:That's twice in this thread I've heard it mentioned Cubase was the first to do this. I don't understand. First to do what? Do what the other apps like Meteor, Tabletop, Auria, etc (I could go on) are already doing??
First of the major DAW's like Cubase, Logic, Protools, etc.

RoyMaya wrote:Here's a quick demo I made while playing with the app. It only uses the built-in instruments and effects that come with Cubasis, and exported straight to Soundcloud which I love that functionality. To be honest the pickings are slim when it comes to the built-in sounds. Some of the loops sound pretty good though. Hopefully they'll make additional sound packs available and of course Audiobus support :). I'm just glad to see this day come. I still remember the first day I played a vst instrument in Cubase back around 97 and saw what the future would bring. When I bought my iPad 4 years ago I knew this day would also come. I'm glad Cubase was the first one to do just like back in 97. Congrats Steinberg!

You've had an iPad for four years? How'd you get the prototype? ;)

polaris20 wrote:
RoyMaya wrote:Here's a quick demo I made while playing with the app. It only uses the built-in instruments and effects that come with Cubasis, and exported straight to Soundcloud which I love that functionality. To be honest the pickings are slim when it comes to the built-in sounds. Some of the loops sound pretty good though. Hopefully they'll make additional sound packs available and of course Audiobus support :). I'm just glad to see this day come. I still remember the first day I played a vst instrument in Cubase back around 97 and saw what the future would bring. When I bought my iPad 4 years ago I knew this day would also come. I'm glad Cubase was the first one to do just like back in 97. Congrats Steinberg!

You've had an iPad for four years? How'd you get the prototype? ;)
It hasn't been 4 years? Sure seems like it - haha. I wish I would have had access to a prototype :-)

So far I really like Cubasis.

It has been really easy to import samples and midi files, enither via iTunes or the built-in web server. Also easy getting around. If you are familiar with Cubase then you are already somewhat familiar with Cubasis.

I've had the app crash a few times, I'm guessing early bugs that will be ironed out. I was changing drum samples on the pads during playback during one crash. Even though the app crashed, my work was never lost. Apparently Cubassis saves in the background while you work.

Over all the app is very nice and I can definitely see using this for composing music when I'm away from my computer. I can actually see myself using this app regularly, especially for getting melodic ideas down quickly. This is my favorite music making app for the iPad so far and I have a bunch of them. This app feels like a DAW -- Cubase of course -- and I have a feeling we will see it getting more mature. Hopefully rapid development.

Apps like this are the future of music making.

Nice work Steinberg :)

RoyMaya wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:That's twice in this thread I've heard it mentioned Cubase was the first to do this. I don't understand. First to do what? Do what the other apps like Meteor, Tabletop, Auria, etc (I could go on) are already doing??
First of the major DAW's like Cubase, Logic, Protools, etc.
Cubasis is/was to Cubase what Garageband is to Logic. And that is on iPad for quite some time.

ok, it seems to have less limitations than Garageband ( external Midi) . if it had the full Midi implementation of Cubase (with time warping) I would be in. otherwise I also think the price is quite high. And judging from the looper iPad app ... update seem to take time with Steinberg and features and addtions are promised quickly ... but will they ever get implemented! that was the reason I switched away from Cubase to other sequncers years ago.

best

I've pretty much have gone through every feature on this app but one thing I can't find is how to remove a track. Obviously you can delete the events but there doesn't seem to be a way to remove an empty track. Was this a slight oversight by Steinberg? I hope I'm just missing something.

To remove a track select it and hit the - track button, left of the add audio/midi track buttons.

Now is there a way to re-order the tracks ?

The idea is cool, but there's some things really missing from here. For example, how about a usable sampler? Would've been very easy to include and would've made this a great product rather than a loop toy. And talking of loops, where's LoopMash? Wouldn't that been great for quick audio mangling, and it's even converted to iPad already.

I might get this anyway :D
Could be cool for quick song construction from ready made recordings from the desktop Cubase. Quick edits when in a meeting with a client for example..
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Cubasis looks good and the graphics look good too. However I will not buy this until Audiobus and a sampler is supported.

polaris20 wrote:
ZINO wrote:Nice $50 toy for you. I'll stick with my big Cubase, thanks.
Excellent trolling. First, look at the title of this forum: Mobile Apps and Hardware. If it doesn't interest you, then don't click.

Second, seeing as how this runs on a sub 1.5 pound device that can be used anywhere, and then imported into your regular Cubase sessions, for only $50, I fail to see how this is a toy.
I thought it only suported 16 bits, thus the toy. Perhaps I am wrong and the new devices let you record 24 bit. Anyway, I may just be ignorant... with ipad 18 and Cubasis 4 I might jump in. :P

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”