Cubasis for iPad arrives...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yep...I knew Steinberg would be first.

itsDavidAbraham wrote:yep...I knew Steinberg would be first.
to do what?

we already have Meteor, Beatmaker 2, Multitrack DAW, Garageband Mobile, FL studio Mobile, Auria. Some can do more than others but Cubase for iPad can not do anything not already present in at least one of the others and compared to Meteor , Cubase does not havean onboard virtual synth or a sampler, but only rompler instruments. Where is the revolution?

crohde wrote:
digidandy wrote: Seems there is only fade in/out, nothing more?
Hi digidandy,

Besides fade in/fade out there is also a gain handle on every clip (audio and MIDI).
any plans for a real automation (lane)at least for some common parameter (volume)?Auria is having a sluggish edit window on an iPad2.If Cubasis would offer automation possibilities and perfoms better (smooth scrolling/zooming)then auria...well,good chance that i'll purchase it then :wink:

But without automation its only"half"a real DAW and therefore doesn't fill my needs.

Anyway,good luck with that.I wish you a lot of success and hopefully the audio development at apple starts to wake up then :)

digidandy wrote:Just tried the app through someone else, and, no - there are only fade in/out for audio tracks, no automation curves.

Pretty disappointing for a flagship app.
It's early days really. Do you guys expect all version 1.0 releases for new products to be absolutely feature complete? And AFAIK this isn't meant to replace Cubase as your main DAW, so you start your projects on your mobile iPad rig and then export to finish off in Cubase proper.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

crohde wrote:
michi_mak wrote:no AudioBus support?
Hi Michi_mak,

We have AudioBus on the top 5 of our feature request list. We definitely want to support it as we support other standards such as AudioCopy/AudioPaste. :)
crohde: any way you could email me here.... buddemeyer72@yahoo.com I've got some things I'd like to discuss, but don't want to take up everyone's space on the forum! Thanks.
Rock On!

Ipad only :roll: :x .

Did anyone have some success with edits in the midi key editor? This seems really messy, i.e. adjusting velocities or changing the length of notes. Basically anything. Either I don't get how this should be used or it doesn't behave as I would expect it to (drag and drop etc.), maybe due to too small controls.

bnz wrote:Did anyone have some success with edits in the midi key editor? This seems really messy, i.e. adjusting velocities or changing the length of notes. Basically anything. Either I don't get how this should be used or it doesn't behave as I would expect it to (drag and drop etc.), maybe due to too small controls.
Make the edit view as big as possible, zoom in then it's getting ok, left side to move, white dot to change length. Also the grid setting is your friend. Not sure I would write a symphony this way, but for a few corrections it's ok.
You can also use the select tool to change more than one note a the time.

Can anyone who is using this comment on the quality of the sounds and effects?

bnz wrote:Did anyone have some success with edits in the midi key editor? This seems really messy, i.e. adjusting velocities or changing the length of notes. Basically anything. Either I don't get how this should be used or it doesn't behave as I would expect it to (drag and drop etc.), maybe due to too small controls.
on what ipad do you use cubasis?Is pinch zoom in the project screen smooth or sluggish?In the promovideo the zooming looks even more sluggish(hello diashow) than in auria,thats why im asking :)

I'm using an iPad 3. Zooming and responsiveness has been ok for me so far, but I haven't been stress testing with multiple effects added etc. Just plain midi in my tests so far...and I haven't been paying any attention to the video nor have I tried Auria.

Can anyone using this plz tell what effects are included? I can not tell from the homepage.

The effects:
- Reverb
- Chorus
- Flanger
- Limiter
- Amp Sm
- EQ
- Delay
- Phaser
- Filter
- Compressor
- Overdrive

As for the instruments...Ahh what the heck. I just type them down, they are not too many anyway:

- Acoustic Piano
- Bright Piano
- E-Grand
- Mellow Grand Piano
- Classic EPiano
- Clavinet
- FM EPiano
- Clavinet
- FM EPiano
- Mellow EP
- DB Organ
- Perc Organ
- Rock Organ
- Electro Kit (Drums)
- HipHop Kit (Drums)
- Jazz Kit (Drums)
- R&B Kit (Drums)
- Rock Kit (Drums)
- Studio Kit (Drums)
- Percussion
- Banjo
- Clean E-Guitar
- Dist Guitar
- Drive Guitar
- Muted Guitar
- Nylon Guitar
- Steel Guitar
- E-Bass Finger
- E-Bass Pick
- E-Bass Slap
- Pizz Strings
- Soft Strings
- String Section
- Brass Section
- Mute Trumpet
- Trombone
- Trumpet
- Alto Sax
- Clarinet
- Flute
- Pan Flute
- Piccolo
- Soprano Sax
- Tenor Sax
- Aah Choir
- Ooh Choir
- Analog Bass
- Analog Brass
- Analog String
- Digi Keys
- FM Bass
- Frozen Pad
- HipHop Bass
- Morning Pad
- Poly Blip
- Poly Synth
- R&B Lead
- Saw Lead
- Soft Bass
- Soft Lead
- Square Lead
- Synth Brass 1
- Synth Brass 2
- Synth Strings
- Trance Saw
- Vari Lead
- Vintage Bss
- Vintage String
- Warm Pad
- Glockenspiel
- Marimba
- Steel Drums
- Vibraphone

Don't expect wonder from these instruments. They are enough to draft down ideas I guess. The sound selection is probably more little and worse though than my Yamaha QY70 portable sequence that I bought 15 years ago or so.

As for responsiveness. I've just tested the following: on the demo track, I maxed out every insert and send slot with some effect (for the inserts if missing I mostly added reverbs, for the sends, I mostly enabled the delays that were already preconfigured). I think it might get a little more sluggish, but only very little. It really stays pretty responsible - even during playback. I did get strange effects in the audio output of all that though, but then I didn't care to mix everything carefully afterwards - might be some kind of level problem in the sum :-) I guess the effects are pretty optimized for the iPad and cost little cpu.

Key editor also started to work for me. A good hint for the velocity adjustment is to swipe the finger next to the actual bar and not hold it on top if it. That way, you can actually see how the bar is adjusted. The rest was actually somewhat of a matter of zooming and not having the grid adjusted correctly.

bnz wrote:The effects:
- Reverb
- Chorus
- Flanger
- Limiter
- Amp Sm
- EQ
- Delay
- Phaser
- Filter
- Compressor
- Overdrive

Thanks for the list mate, much appreciated. I see there is no stereo widener/ narrower which is what I really miss in BM 2 , Auria and Meteor, so there goes the last argument for buying Cubasis for iPad in this version. Well, I will watch out for upcoming updates though.

Thanks again.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”