Cubasis for iPad arrives...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZINO wrote:Anyway to the point, how is Cubasis working for you? I may need a bitcrushisng lo-fi track in the future so it may come handy after all :P
It is not working at all for me because I have not bought it. But if I needed a lo-fi track I would at least go as low as 12 bit, 32 khz just to make sure people really percieve it as lo-fi. Just like the good old crappy samplers from the 80s. Now these were the days.

ZINO wrote:
Indeed in 2012 (almost 2013), anything that records "CD Quality" (1980 format) is a toy for me. lol back to you troll.

Crabshack wrote:
ZINO wrote:
Indeed in 2012 (almost 2013), anything that records "CD Quality" (1980 format) is a toy for me. lol back to you troll.
Oh no! Godgila gave me the facepalm, I am so humiliated! From now on I'll only use my old Atari and Cubasis for iPad with some shity $30 interface in order to restore my valuable membership in your honorable community.

What the #%*!?

Most people listen to their MP3 players in 2012 so cd quality is the norm.

What world is it that people here live on that are believing that everyone has HD audio players in their pockets to take advantage of that 24 bit sound?

Ridiculous.

And why are their people on the mobile apps forum if they believe ipad music is just toy music....talk about trolls.

Oh, I guess the dogs and little kids with perfect hearing will enjoy that extra sharp track you just mixed.

:roll:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:What the #%*!?

Most people listen to their MP3 players in 2012 so cd quality is the norm.

What world is it that people here live on that are believing that everyone has HD audio players in their pockets to take advantage of that 24 bit sound?

Ridiculous.
Because the marerial is recorded in 24bit anyway, regardless of the shitty playback method people choose.

Ridiculus.
Wormhelmet wrote: And why are their people on the mobile apps forum if they believe ipad music is just toy music....talk about trolls.
Because I am interested in apps to use Cubase Remote in my ipod touch. TROLL!!!!

This subforum picks up every idiot.

BYE!

ZINO wrote:

BYE!
It's a good thing the forum doesn't have to drop every idiot. Apparently they just drop themselves. Bye.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

ZINO wrote:
polaris20 wrote:
ZINO wrote:Nice $50 toy for you. I'll stick with my big Cubase, thanks.
Excellent trolling. First, look at the title of this forum: Mobile Apps and Hardware. If it doesn't interest you, then don't click.

Second, seeing as how this runs on a sub 1.5 pound device that can be used anywhere, and then imported into your regular Cubase sessions, for only $50, I fail to see how this is a toy.
I thought it only suported 16 bits, thus the toy. Perhaps I am wrong and the new devices let you record 24 bit. Anyway, I may just be ignorant... with ipad 18 and Cubasis 4 I might jump in. :P
Well, you're right on one thing; you are being ignorant. Since when is 16-bit recording automatically make something a toy?

And by your logic, the iPad isn't a toy, provided you buy Auria or Multitrack DAW, because both of those happily record in 24-bit.
It sure does. You have a mirror, right?
Last edited by polaris20 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbncp wrote: Now is there a way to re-order the tracks ?
Yes, tap and hold the track header and then move. You might need to zoom vertically into the track a little bit to do that.:)
Carlos M. Rohde
Cubase product marketing manager at Steinberg
Hamburg, Germany
www.steinberg.net

ZINO wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
ZINO wrote:I thought it only suported 16 bits, thus the toy. Perhaps I am wrong and the new devices let you record 24 bit. Anyway, I may just be ignorant... with ipad 18 and Cubasis 4 I might jump in. :P
Ah so anything that records in general 16 bit cd quality are toys while anything recording in 24 bit are not? :lol:

Ever heard of the The Emperor's New Sampling Rate double blind test?

http://mixonline.com/recording/mixing/a ... _sampling/

Besides, didn' t you know that

to the unskilled every tool is a toy
to the skilled every toy is a tool?

Well, beyond all that "Ignorance is bliss" I'll give you that :wink:
So the guy trolling a Mobile Apps and Hardware forum is calling other people "trolls"? :lol:

polaris20 wrote:
ZINO wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
ZINO wrote:I thought it only suported 16 bits, thus the toy. Perhaps I am wrong and the new devices let you record 24 bit. Anyway, I may just be ignorant... with ipad 18 and Cubasis 4 I might jump in. :P
Ah so anything that records in general 16 bit cd quality are toys while anything recording in 24 bit are not? :lol:

Ever heard of the The Emperor's New Sampling Rate double blind test?

http://mixonline.com/recording/mixing/a ... _sampling/

Besides, didn' t you know that

to the unskilled every tool is a toy
to the skilled every toy is a tool?

Well, beyond all that "Ignorance is bliss" I'll give you that :wink:
So the guy trolling a Mobile Apps and Hardware forum is calling other people "trolls"? :lol:
For the last time, mobile apps are VERY usefull to me as supplements to the recording/ songwriting procedure (tuners, chord and scales learners, DAW remote apps etc). They are for the moment useless to me as my main recording method. The latter doesn't exclude me "a priory" from the "Mobile Apps and Hardware" forum. HOWEVER, I am happily self excluded, since you people are so short sighted and immature. Bye and for good this time.

Enjoy your 16bit Pad mastrubation.
Last edited by ZINO on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crohde wrote:
mbncp wrote: Now is there a way to re-order the tracks ?
Yes, tap and hold the track header and then move. You might need to zoom vertically into the track a little bit to do that.:)
Thanks, did the trick, and just discovered the vertical zoom by your reply, a bit tedious at first but once you get the trick it's dead easy.

Currently this is my favourite ios daw( I have all of them), really fast and easy to use.

Off course we want audiobus support, and I wouldn't mind an easier audiopaste handling, without going thru mediabay, and midi out clock , again ;)

But globally it's pretty good, the midi routing is cool, I was able to send some chords from one track to steppolyarp and record it's output back into another track in cubasis.

ZINO wrote: Anyway, I may just be ignorant...
You should have just stopped there and saved us all your lame trolling...

ZINO wrote:
For the last time, mobile apps are VERY usefull to me as supplements to the recording/ songwriting procedure (tuners, chord and scales learners, DAW remote apps etc). They are for the moment useless to me as my main recording method. The latter doesn't exclude me "a priory" from the "Mobile Apps and Hardware" forum. HOWEVER, I am happily self excluded, since you people are so short sighted and immature. Bye and for good this time.
Are you really that daft that you don't see why people think you're trolling? Really? You come in this thread insulting tools people like to use, plain and simple.

And we're short-sighted and immature? Pot, meet kettle. You come across as some 16 year old twat who thinks he's got the world figured out.

Goodbye for good? I doubt it. Trolls don't know when to quit.
Enjoy your 16bit Pad mastrubation.
I'll enjoy my 24-bit recording, thanks. Also, does your web browser not have spell check?

Hi guys,

So, "Trolling". When I hear that word I think of something like Lord of the rings, you know, like the smaller dwarf type. Does trolling actually mean like putting the hook in water to see what you get?

I have heard that word in other forums but never asked.

I know I'm going to get the big "duh" on this one of course.

Shawn

I see what you did there....

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”