TNR-i

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just spotted that its half price till the end of the month.

Just wondered if anyone has it? Is it worth getting?

I find the sounds terrible and the interface awfull, playability very limited.

But you may love it. Too bad we can't give away ios apps, you could have mine.
IMO there are plenty of other apps that are more fun to use and sound better.

I have it and don't really like it. That said I know someone who loves it. That probably doesn't help much. :lol:

Hmmm thought it looked interesting.

IElectribe it is then. Not sure about the ims20 and polysix though

TNR-i would be a lot more interesting if it could output MIDI, sync to MIDI clock, and work as a background app.

TNRi does put out midi, assignable channel per layer, and it does respond to clock - with start/stop.

It does look interesting, sadly doesn't really live up to it. Get Polysix if you want one of those 2 korg apps. It's actually pretty cool, but then so is ims20. I enjoy playing with both of them.

It looks like there's a similar app in Tableop. I'm going to take a look over there now :-)

Aboyes wrote:It looks like there's a similar app in Tableop. I'm going to take a look over there now :-)
I don't have any first hand experience with the tenori, but i think the tabletop step sequencer thing is missing all the alternate sequencing/playing modes that make the tenori interesting, supposedly. It just covers the step sequencer basics (it's fun though, as is tabletop in general).
As far as sound goes, the two probably are comparable. Big meh.
In tabletop though, you can add fx! (if you bought them)

Just downloaded tabletop. Looks excellent, I'm very interested in the workflow and I like all the hardware graphics.

I'll probably end up buying addition bit for it.

mojofunk wrote:TNRi does put out midi, assignable channel per layer, and it does respond to clock - with start/stop.
Hmm... The description doesn't mention that. Or the background mode that would be needed to play other synths within iOS. Are you sure about this? Is there a link to a manual? Thanks!

Aboyes wrote:Just downloaded tabletop. Looks excellent, I'm very interested in the workflow and I like all the hardware graphics.

I'll probably end up buying addition bit for it.
It's a bit like a mini reason with less sequencing power and more jam factor.
The 303 ain't half bad if you don't mind the archaic step sequencing. I enjoy it quite a bit.
I'd like to try their "flagship synth", it looks great. Still shying away from such expensive in-app purchases though.
Just yesterday, i agonized over getting the nanostudio track upgrade for a while before finally giving in.

mojofunk wrote:TNRi does put out midi, assignable channel per layer, and it does respond to clock - with start/stop.
Has anyone had luck with this? I recently picked up the App during the sale, and have had no luck getting it to transmit MIDI using my CCK (other apps do fine during same session, so doesn't seem to be a cable issue).

Aboyes wrote:Just spotted that its half price till the end of the month.

Just wondered if anyone has it? Is it worth getting?
at that price i couldn't help myself..can't weigh in on all the midi and clock stuff as i am just mucking around with it (i'm an ipad newb), but i seriously love this thing....i do understand why people want such features, but i also think that chasing that deeming certain apps as not being worthy for lacking such features is to miss some real gems

don't miss out because it cannot do x or is not so good at doing y. but it because it's a very close replica of a much coveted, and expensive, niche music machine...buy it because it is very easy to come up with something inspirational that could form the basis of a composition in another app...buy it because continuing support could lead to continuing feature updates...buy it 'cause it's fun

i think the sounds are fine for what it is..i'm sure that the sound palette could be something that is added to in updates, non ??

don't buy it 'cause i say so...by way of a disclaimer, i take no responsibility for you buying it based on my opinion..i think it's tremendous value, but your mileage might vary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GssgQylj9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxUP_k0xsTQ

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”