Arpeggionome Pro

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A definite buy if you like the Moog characteristic sound--it drips with character! :-) Catch it when they are doing a half-price sale, and the purchase isn't as painful. :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I just bought this last night - was jamming on it for a few hours. It is definitely worth the price. This app has really great performance control with quantization and X-Y accelerometer controls. You can assign the X-Y tilt to anything like velocity or MIDI CC which you assign to filter cutoff. It is very expressive.

I used virtual MIDI to Sunrizer as well as the new Novation synth and it worked flawlessly.

My only feature wishes are landscape mode and a performance mode where the grid goes full screen and hides all the other controls. That would make targeting a little more precise.

The dev has stated on twitter that he plans to make a landscape mode.. <3

I just picked it up. I haven't had a chance to play with it though. I'll withhold judgement until after I've had a chance to use it. ;-) I'm sure I'll like it though. :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Can't believe I just paid 20$ for this. StepPolyArp is a thousand time better. This one is buggy and playability is close to zero.
Can't always win :shrug:

Yeah, I've been disappointed with it too. :-(

--Sean

mbncp wrote:Can't believe I just paid 20$ for this. StepPolyArp is a thousand time better. This one is buggy and playability is close to zero.
Can't always win :shrug:
Hey, Arpeggionome Pro developer here. Apologies for your less-than-satisfactory experience with Arpeggionome Pro! It's a new concept for arpeggiators, one that replaces the piano keyboard paradigm, and may take some time to get used to. I like to think of it as a performance instrument rather than a conventional arpeggiator. StepPolyArp is indeed an amazing application, but I think both apps can happily exist in the iOS ecosystem. In fact, controlling StepPolyArp with Arpeggionome Pro is ridiculously fun...

Maybe you can elaborate on the bugs you're experiencing? I actually haven't received a single bug report, even with many active users out there, so I'm quite curious to know what's going on. Unless you're running on a jailbroken iPad 1, I am quite confident the issue(s) can be resolved. I can help you with this directly (feel free to send me an email), or take a look at the Troubleshooting guide in the More Menu.

I noticed some incoherence when changing notes and gate time and a few other things that I don't recall yet.
Anyway, this isn't the most annoying thing about this app, the problem is the playability and the result, boring and useless.
Sorry to be a little harsh, but at 20 bucks I feel the right to express my huge disapointment.

In this case I prefer the arp from the imini, that let's me choose which notes I'm playing, while still being able to tweak the sound.

I was hoping for something like Figure but with more options and a better UI for the ipad. And maybe some randomness à la Weejam. Then I had in mind to be able to configure what the xy pad would do, with multiple functions (have a look at rob papen's blade), and also being able to send cc's in a given range.

Also an event loop recorder, again like figure or other similar apps, is mandatory for this kind of app.

I'm not looking for another steppolyarp, but something more live performing oriented, which is probably what you were looking for, but totally failed, IMO.

Note that you're not alone, a few years ago I made an arp plug(vst) also with a bunch of options and finally never used it, on the paper it looked good, but the result sucked :hihi:

mbncp wrote:I noticed some incoherence when changing notes and gate time and a few other things that I don't recall yet.
Anyway, this isn't the most annoying thing about this app, the problem is the playability and the result, boring and useless.
Sorry to be a little harsh, but at 20 bucks I feel the right to express my huge disapointment.

I was hoping for something like Figure but with more options and a better UI for the ipad. :
Didn't it occur to you to look at one of the demo videos of this or the light version before investing your $20?

I think it works really well and is a lot of fun, I guess every ones opinion is different but without wishing to be harsh expecting it to be like figure is a bit daft.
Instant human just add coffee

Yep, silly from me, but I'd never though a single second that the coder decided to use the ordinate to trigger hard quantized events from 4 beats to 1/512 or whatever. :dog:

Anyway, I think that I just found the ultimate live performing arp, using Lemur to trigger and control StepPolyArp. I had totally forgotten that you could use patch changes to select the patterns plus there are a few cc's that let you control the gate,speed,groove,octaves and modes.

One cool thing, as I have multiple ipads, would be to have an xy pad that would send chords using the x axis and pattern change on Y. But instead of sending the chord as is to all ipads, one could receive only the root note while another could receive the whole scale based on the current chord or whatever.

And an event loop recorder 8)

Now this was worth the 20 bucks I spent on this arpegiothing, anger improves your creativity :hihi:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”