New iphone percussion: Flexy Kick

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I have just uploaded my first app on the app store, it's called Flexy Kick and you can find here: Flexy Kick.

It is a kick maker, depending on where you touch you will have different attack(more on the side, less in the center), also you can pitch up and down the sound twisting the phone angle on one axis.
It is free and will stay so for the moment as there is still a long way to go..

I'd be pleased if you try it out and let me know what you think off, what you like and especially what you don't like, find annoying or you think is missing.

Thanks a lot in advance, and have a playful day!

Yann

ps: an update is on its way for sorting the multitouch
Last edited by yanakyl on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi,
I have made several updates.
You can now play over music in the background, and plus the touch works in a more sensible way.
I have added the attack control over the other accelerometer axis and a bit of crunchy digital distortion that fades with the attack. It's a bit crude but I'm working on it to make smoother sound and controls.

Hi,

I made a small update fixing a couple of problems:
- distortion is gone as I though better to haver cleaner sources
- envelopes are in fact cleaner and smoother now
- a double touch glitch has been fixed

For those of you who are interested you can follow me on twitter and facebook to get the latest news.

Thanks for your attention and good coding and/or music making to all of you.

Yann

ps: I am really waiting for the audiobus sdk to be made public!!!

I like this app but how do I get one of my kick samples recorded? I guess I can do line out into a DAW, but I'd rather be able to cut and paste the sample into another app like Nanoloop.

Thanks it's nice to hear that.
I understand, at the moment there is no way to do that.

So I guess you would like me to implement some recording function that saves the samples in some slots, and from there you can copy and paste to other apps.
Am I right?
Or maybe record something and make it straightly available to paste, to keep things as simple as I can get.

I'll do some research, it's definitely a feature that would make the app more useful.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”