M-Audio Venom - Best iPad Audio/MIDI interface/controller!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've never heard of the stuttering before. I'm using an ipad 2 without problems, even running audiobus.

I've got inconsistent problems using Venom with Auria on ipad3. Unfortunately it seems to be glitchy more than it's not... Occasionally it works perfectly but I've seen very bad latency, and more often, lots of noise, or no sound at all

I was wondering if it might be my USB adapter, which is a cheap one off eBay. I think I'll have to splash out $30 for a real one and see if that fixes it

I have the latest firmware update on my M-Audio and an iPad3 and the sound is abysmal when using Sunrizer. I tried all sorts of combinations. And... the issue is on M-Audio's technical forum, but the sever's been down for days, now. What gives?

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.ph ... patibility!!!

I'm interested in using a synth like this in combination with my iPad 4. Do any of the other modern VAs do this (UltraNova, Gaia)? Can you still play midi in from the sequencer, through the synth, to the iPad via usb?

tech44 wrote:I'm interested in using a synth like this in combination with my iPad 4. Do any of the other modern VAs do this (UltraNova, Gaia)? Can you still play midi in from the sequencer, through the synth, to the iPad via usb?
Novation xio works great with my iPad . I haven't tried recording the sounds from the xio itself on iPad, although it does work on Mac. I have used the mic inputs though to record other sounds. I'll try it to see when I have a moment.

monsterism wrote:I was tempted by the x station but the sounds are so garbage that i proabbly buy the venom.
X-station makes a great controller -- aftertouch, soundcard, USB audio and MIDI, condenser audio in x 2, 9 faders and all the other knobs for MIDI control, battery powered -- who cares about its internal sounds when you're using it as a "controller"... :roll:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”