Yamaha keyboard arp (ipad 4) with cubase! help needed.

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello my friends.

I was wondering if you can help me setup my ipad 4 with cubase (PC) so i can control my vstis

Well i bought the yamaha keyboard arp&drum pad. I have connected the lighting to usb cable (the included one of the charger)with my pc but i can't figure out what to do i order to work.Does it need any optional hardware from apple? Can i stay usb or i will need a midi adaptor like imx or irig.Also do i need any special yamaha usb midi drivers?

Any help is appreciated as i can't find any help on google.<br />

Thank you.

Pleaseeeee

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/apps/syn ... mode=model

Go to the tab that says support.

Try that.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

I don't have an ipad 4, but to make this work with an ipad 3 one needs the camera connection kit. My guess is the same would apply on the 4.
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:I don't have an ipad 4, but to make this work with an ipad 3 one needs the camera connection kit. My guess is the same would apply on the 4.
but the camera connection has a female usb and the cpu has a female too.there isn,t a female to female usb cable as i know.

Wormhelmet wrote:http://usa.yamaha.com/products/apps/syn ... mode=model

Try that.
nothing special in the faq

lol wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:http://usa.yamaha.com/products/apps/syn ... mode=model

Try that.
nothing special in the faq
The camera connection kit allows the connection of any class compliant device such as audio interface, controller, etc. you need something to connect as a go between between ipad and PC. Computer talks to ipad via midi as an example, then you need a midi in/out depending on which way you are passing the signal to/from on the computer to/from on the ipad. You will need a midi out from ipad to midi in on PC to show as a device you can enable the input from in Cubase. That would be done with a class compliant audio interface and camera connection kit, or 30 pin device to lightning adapter, etc.

I am just assuming here though. I believe the only computer connection that is offered natively would be to iTunes. That would not offer a driver or midi converter to talk to your Cubase program.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

lol wrote:
BiancaNeve wrote:I don't have an ipad 4, but to make this work with an ipad 3 one needs the camera connection kit. My guess is the same would apply on the 4.
but the camera connection has a female usb and the cpu has a female too.there isn,t a female to female usb cable as i know.
The cable would be male USB on either side. Plenty of those available.

Also, the FAQ section has plenty about installing the Yamaha USB midi driver in Windows 7, so I assume you might need that driver installed as well.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:
lol wrote:
The cable would be male USB on either side. Plenty of those available.

Also, the FAQ section has plenty about installing the Yamaha USB midi driver in Windows 7, so I assume you might need that driver installed as well.
i have an error code something,when i try to install tha yamaha driver on win 8.

i have seen somewhere that the ipad with the yamaha app is only connect to the cpu with a cmera connection kit and a usb cable.i assume male to male. no midi devices (imx,irig) inbetween. i have never seen a usb cable with both sides identical and male though.

why do i need a camera connection kit? isn,t the included lighting to usb cable doing the same job.

i am confused

Instant human just add coffee

Just having the right cable does not mean that programs on your PC are going to start seeing your iPad as a MIDI device.
You are still going to need a MIDI interface , or two- one to get MIDI out of the iPad, and one for your PC.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong ;-)
One reason why wireless MIDI is appealing...,

So with the lighting to camera connection and a usb male to male i will do my job?

what do i need for wireless connection if i don,t manage to go wired?

All that, and still all it will do is let iTunes on your PC see your iPad. I truly don't think you are going to get where you want without a MIDI interface...

i see.

can you suggest a proper midi hardware for ipad guys.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”