Do you have a favourite audio editor for iPad?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was thinking on buying Hokusai as the audio editor to compliment my workflow. Is there any other audio editors for the iPad out there that you'd recommend?

Thanks,

Carey

I use TwistedWave, but Reforge is popular as well.

I have Hokusai and TwistedWave, but I don't have Reforge. I think these are the only three editors available (at least I don't know of any others). I like how TwistedWave is set up and I like the graphics and interface, but it is limited. Hokusai has many more features (as far as I can tell), but there are in app purchases for these features. Reforge, I believe, is the only one that has audiobus capability. I haven't played with it much. It seemed more limited at the time that I checked it out (and didn't have audiobus at that time either), so I haven't checked it out recently and it may have gotten better.

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Hokusai with the $9.99 Pro in-app purchase is the best standalone audio editing app. Lots of features and very easy to use.

Twisted Wave looked nice but I ended up going with Hokusai instead. Hokusai has more features. One thing TW can do that Hokusai can't is export files as MP3s. Hokusai has Dropbox support, though, which is important for my workflow.

Reforge looks like it has an awful UI and App Store reviews are very mixed. I would avoid it.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”