Behringer iStudio, when will it be released?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aural Chaos wrote:You would have to look pretty damn hard to find people that think the FCB1010 is "shit".
HP's were not my purchase decisions...
That was for bmanic cause he's the one complainin (yet he's bought both brands???). I know a friend that has had his fcb1010 for years stomping on it too.

Oh, and I own all Acer laptops and netbooks. Have one that's been going for 7 years without a hitch. My coworkers told me "Acer is shit" so I asked why. Same story from one - he bought one that had a mobo go out after a year and the other guy "just remembered reading it somewhere". Haha.

Wouldn't that be cool if people judged music the same? You could hear a 2 minute snippet of a band and based on that, you could tell everyone if they were shit or not...

:roll:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:
bmanic wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:We've owned several Dell laptops, all are working great after many years.
Two HP laptops, both broke.

Therefore, it must be a fact that HP computers use crap components and they all suck.

Same thing, no....?
Exactly the same thing. My HP laptop that I'm typing this on is absolutely RUBBISH! It still works (barely) but it's definitely not well made. :)

Cheers!
bManic
So, that's Behringer and HP for you...

Do you always buy products you think are shit or do you have impulse control problems and can't stop yourself to do some research before you buy?

Just asking cause you're tellin
On the behringer front I've now learned my lesson.. way too late though. I've lost some series chunks of change (notably when buying the DDX3296 mixer while it still cost quite a lot).

Sometimes I'm "hoping" that the rumors were untrue because I really like the product and am then fooled into believing the marketing (or somebody on a forum stating none of the rumors are true).

I also have massive impulse control problems. Why do you think I have almost every plugin on the planet? :hihi:

This HP laptop is my first HP machine ever and will be the last one. Next one I'm building myself most likely.

Cheers!
bManic
Last edited by bmanic on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Wormhelmet wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:You would have to look pretty damn hard to find people that think the FCB1010 is "shit".
HP's were not my purchase decisions...
That was for bmanic cause he's the one complainin (yet he's bought both brands???). I know a friend that has had his fcb1010 for years stomping on it too.

Oh, and I own all Acer laptops and netbooks. Have one that's been going for 7 years without a hitch. My coworkers told me "Acer is shit" so I asked why. Same story from one - he bought one that had a mobo go out after a year and the other guy "just remembered reading it somewhere". Haha.

Wouldn't that be cool if people judged music the same? You could hear a 2 minute snippet of a band and based on that, you could tell everyone if they were shit or not...

:roll:
See that's the thing, we can only base our assumptions on our own experience. In the case of Behringer I've seen and experienced FIRST HAND way too many failures to deem it a coincidence.

That illusion falls apart when you constantly see the same units broken in one way or another and have tried dealing with the support (perhaps it's just lousy here in Finland? Who knows).

You can be in denial if you want but in this regard experience deals a harsh lesson.

Lets see, due to the live work I've done in various low profile venues (bars, amateur theaters, clubs etc) over the past 15 years I've probably seen/used/abused quite a lot of behringer gear. At these same venues there was usually similar stuff and sometimes higher priced stuff to replace the old. So I've gathered some very nice comparative data and have thus come to the conclusion that Behringer just doesn't work.

EDIT: scratch that.. make that the last 20 years. f**k! I'm getting old. This is stupid!

To be fair, the last "serious" behringer unit I bought was the FCB1010 and that's like 5 years ago. I've only used it a tiny bit over the years because the damn flimsy expression pedals and their shitty potentiometers piss me off. The actual stomp button part works well and the case is solid. I tried to get a refund of the unit but I got talked out of it by a skilled manipulator in support (yes, I fall for this quite easily.. what can I say?). It is very possible that Behringer gear of today works well. I can not know but I will not stop spreading my cautionary tale until it is proven false.

In Behringer's defense it must be said that they don't "stand out" as much as they did before. There is so much rubbish hardware out there today, some that cost way too much. Behringer is definitely not alone in this matter (and never was, there was other rubbish brands back then too).

Anyhow, if it's behringer, make sure it's 1) Cheap 2) Doesn't get moved around a lot. I think the sound quality of the gear is perfectly adequate for the price. Actually I'm extremely tempted to buy their new 8 in/out adat mic pre thing. The old one was a bit hit and miss.. some units worked, some didn't, but the concept of a low cost 8 additional mic pre's was good. The new one got some help from the recent Midas acquisition so it might even sound exceptional. Will monitor the situation and see what the rumor mill churns out. :D

Cheers!
bManic

Well I am certainly guilty of impulse control problems myself for gear at times, but I just keep quiet about my unfortunate purchases or just let anyone who cares to know that I bought product A and was not happy with it, so then bought product B instead. I don't think I have run into any situations yet with companies as large as Behringer and that many products where I could actually lump them into one group and say they are collectively shit. Both my Behringer mixers were low cost, have sturdy knobs, solid connections, decent multi-fx, and one is new, the other about 4 years old. They are in the same shape looks wise and operability with slightly more dust collected on the 4 year old board.

I've seen some great HP products too and have a few at work that have been running several years without even a reboot needed.

It's a broad assumption to lump all products together. I don't suppose anyone here claiming they are shit can produce some real specs on return rates compared to sales though.

But keep on keepin on if you feel it's your duty to warn others.

I'll still buy Behringer due to my experience with their products.

:D
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

I do think ANY company making a dock for ipad that fits just right with a certain connector is probably going to take a loss on sales for it though. apple changes up their design too much and tablet technology is rapidly expanding. If I had a company and wanted to do a dock, I would make it over large with adjustable sides and plenty of room for the invention of new adapters needed for whatever the next ipad connector is going to need...
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

FWIW I have:

2x ADA8000 AD Converters
1x DI4000 DI Box
1x RX1602 Mixer
4x PX3000 Patchbays

All working perfectly after several years of service.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I have owned some Behringer products,, some failed , namely the ddx3216 digital mixer and the ada8000. They failed after 5+ years of heavy use and accidental overheating due to forgetting to shut down my racks on more than one occasion. I had the mixer's power supply fixed by Behringer Canada and discarded the ada8000.

The mixer gets little use now but has been a viable product for me for 8 years. No complaints here. Over time, I have gotten more upscale but the Behringer products provided great value and utility.

Mushy Mushy wrote:FWIW I have:

2x ADA8000 AD Converters
1x DI4000 DI Box
1x RX1602 Mixer
4x PX3000 Patchbays

All working perfectly after several years of service.

Wish behringer support was as good here. I was never successful in getting the ddx3216 fixed. I contacted them a dozen of times.. even threatened them with legal action (because units failing completely right after warranty should still be fixed by the company.. we are protected by law in Finland where warranty does not equal a products supposed life time). I actually loved that thing. Was very sad to see it fail (apparently the main control chip) after just 2 years of light use. Instead of going the legal route, which would have been futile and stupid, I simply chose to never buy any expensive behringer gear again.

Loved the digital compressors in that thing! They could smack things to bits in a very pleasing way.

EDIT: the DDX3216 was notorious for it's bad components in the powersupply. Apparently it's very possible to get an old one working again by replacing a bunch of components. The clock crystal apparently fails on almost all units sooner rather than later but is possible to replace. Doesn't cost much to do either (other than time and patience). Hmm.. very tempting. Here is a good thread for anybody interested.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t24165/

My ADA8000 also failed within it's first 2 years. Never even contacted behringer for that one as it was so cheap and I had lost all hope with the company.

The second ADA8000, which wasn't mine, had problems with sync. I couldn't get it to work without having the occasional, seemingly random, digital click. Worst was that it happened very seldom, like every 20 minutes or so. It's still completely unacceptable for any kind of recording work due to the randomness. Luckily the clicks were easy to fix in wavelab.

All the DI boxes I've bought or used over the years have failed in one way or another. Granted, these have been under heavy live use and thrown around so I can't blame behringer for this really.

Cheers!
bManic

Behringer is cheap and nasty at the same time, I'm afraid.
Most of their announced products will NEVER hit the shop shelf :(

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”