V-Control Pro, or Cubase IC Pro

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cost aside and V-Control's support of multiple hosts aside; which would you prefer for use with Cubase and why?

Does the Cubase controller have the ability to display a plugin window? For me that feature in V Control (V Window) is brilliant.

Don't think so.

BTW, I agree that feature is brilliant, but is it the end of the story?

Let's set that feature aside for the moment along with price and host-age. Is V-Control still the clear winner, or does Cubase IC have an advantage integrating with Cubase?

No idea - I use it with Logic and the Logic integration is very deep. How it compares to the Cubase app I can't say but I presume the Cubase integration is probably as deep as it is for Logic (and Protools).

Lol, you can't put v window to the side, it's a major feature. Also allows you to control ANYTHING on your computer, not just DAW's.

Thanks for the replies.

OK, so bringing it back on the table then; is the V window what makes V-control worth getting even at $50, instead of just spending $16* on Cubase IC?

*meant 16 of course, not 61 :oops:
Last edited by asnor on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:No idea - I use it with Logic and the Logic integration is very deep. How it compares to the Cubase app I can't say but I presume the Cubase integration is probably as deep as it is for Logic (and Protools).
I'll confirm that the Pro Tools integration is deep. I also use it with Sonar X2 and Studio One and it's pretty deep there, but not is deep as it is for PT (and presumably Logic and Cubase - the 3 DAWs that it was originally designed for) VCPro is by far the best and most-used music app that I own.
asnor wrote:Thanks for the replies.

OK, so bringing it back on the table then; is the V window what makes V-control worth getting even at $50, instead of just spending $61 on Cubase IC?
I don't use Cubase so I can't compare those two apps, but the V-Window is just one feature that makes VCPro excellent. The fact that it works seamlessly for me and has a huge host of features makes it a great control surface.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:
...but the V-Window is just one feature that makes VCPro excellent. The fact that it works seamlessly for me and has a huge host of features makes it a great control surface.
Thanks 8)

It turns out that Cubase IC Pro has a shortcut button feature thingy that is pretty nifty. You can also set up multiple devices with it, which could come in handy.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”