---Is iMini crashing for any of you?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---I bought the Arturia iMini and it is a killer app! I love the sounds and it programs so easily, it's just about perfect..just about!
My problem with this app may very well be my hardware but just in case here's my stuff and what the app is doing..
I'm using the Griffin interface (it has midi, a pair of outs and it charges my iPad..so far no other app has had a problem with it.) with my iPad 2. The app is hard to get to connect to midi and then if I don't play it for a few minutes the connection is lost and I get this lfo type noise and I have to reboot. Also when I'm saving sounds, once saved when I hit, "load" it crashes an di have to reboot.
Anybody else having this problem?

p.s.- No other apps are open
Last edited by Scott Murrell on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry, I don't own it, but I'm sure you ment iMini, not midi?! Both in the title and post :tu:
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

---Thanks for the correction...
Shouldn't "ment" be spelled "meant"? LOL

Scott Murrell wrote:---Thanks for the correction...
Shouldn't "ment" be spelled "meant"? LOL
DOH!
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Nice to see Skitt's law still applies.
Instant human just add coffee

Ive spent a few days with it, and havent had any crashes in standalone or tabletop. However, I have noticed the filter "blows" up and I get DC on the outputs with some patches.

Stupid American Pig wrote:I have noticed the filter "blows" up and I get DC on the outputs with some patches.
I can confirm this - for me this happens when using more than one iMini & especially if I'm using arps. Also, Tabletop does crash a lot for me on startup.

Still loving iMini tho! <3 All the best <3

BiancaNeve wrote:Nice to see Skitt's law still applies.
What are you, some sort of spelling Hitler? (Speaking of Internet laws :D )

---More of a spelling Stalin...LOL

it tends to crash sometimes when calling up a preset on my iPad 2.

---What's this? An actual reply that's about my post? Thanks...

btw, I have read somebody else at another forum having the same issue with the App crashing when a preset is called up (not always, but sometimes).
I guess Arturia will need to make an update sooner or later, also regarding the missing features discussed in the main iMini thread here.

I discovered tonight that I do in fact have both issues you mentioned. The lfo/ stuck note noise was at a particularly inopportune time in our set. It does sound great, but either my hardware setup needs some tweaking or the app needs some bug fixes.

---Thanks for the replies. I was beginning to think my midi interface was bad but it sounds like it's a bug....

I should clarify that I am using an unofficial cck, so was wondering the same, but the patch loading crash happened consistently as I was making presets on the way to the gig with no hardware connected.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”