itunes alternative?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just hoping I can get some recommendations for an alternative to iTunes for transferring files to and from my iphone.

asnor wrote:Just hoping I can get some recommendations for an alternative to iTunes for transferring files to and from my iphone.
You don't mention what kind of computer you have. If you're on a Windows PC or are bootcamping Windows, Winamp might work for you:

http://www.winamp.com/mac

If you have an Android device or ever move to one, it can sync wirelessly with them.

Roy

oops...sorry.

Win7/64

I didn't think you could use anything other than iTunes.

Your question was a bit vague... files as in??? Music? Video? Apps?
I assume you are probably referring to files inside apps that are usually transferred via iTunes "special" panel on the apps' section.

Check out iFunBox, which is probably all you need (and free last time I checked).
There is also iExplorer, but it's not free.
What better religion than music itself?

Well, the main impetus was that I made a video with my iphone and wanted to transfer it to my computer at work, so I plugged in my iphone and the pc installed drivers and all that, but then I couldn't browse the iphone in explorer. Simply installing itunes always corrected this issue in the past, but now with the latest version I still can't browse the iphone from explorer and I can't even sync the pics/vids from within itunes.

So, now I'm at home and all is working fine. Basic systems are the same (win7/64, etc), but at home my computer is running an older version of itunes. So, I'm kind of annoyed with Apple and looking for an alternative for office use at least.

There are a bunch of apps to install on an IOS device that allows transferring via wireless to and from within the app. You will need to copy the file in question internally inside the IOS device to the app first before the app can help you transfer it via wireless. Given that you can use wireless to transfer to the computer at work..

I think the free app called FileApp should do what you require, given it can work with the file format in question (which it usually does)... It requires you to download some free software on the computer first. I know of paid apps that can do wireless transfers without installing software on the computer in question - but the apps themselves are slightly more advanced and will cost you a little bit - and are sort of overkill for this...

There's a free app I haven't tried called "AirForShare" that should do this, I found a review here. I found no user reviews on iTunes in my country, so for some reason it's probably not a very popular app.. If it was downright horrible someone would probably be making reviews to warn others, it's probably just not that well known... All devices need to be connected to the same router and on the same ip adress, as they would with most of these sort of apps I know off.

Oh, "AirForShare" has a limit on filesize, 5 mb I think.. A paid upgrade (currently $1.99) increases this up to 150 mb...

Hi, I recommend Diskaid. I don't really work with video files tho, so don't know how well it handles them. All the best <3

Thanks all. I appreciate it.

I'm using iTools as alternative.

http://itools.hk/cms/english/index.html

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”