Best AudioBus Output App for recording

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After buying Audiobus I realise that I don't actually have much in the way of Output Apps. I have Samplr but it's a bit awkward for recording stuff in time. Something like Cubasis looks ideal and apparently has decent editing features. But are there any decent similar Apps that are cheaper?

Meteor is really simple to get Audiobus recording into.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Multitrack DAW I think is the cheapest DAW option, but if you like recording loops, then Loopy HD (universal) is easy to use but packed with features.

Forgot the most excellent Beatmaker 2, which is the same price as Meteor.

It also depends on which iPad you have. I have an iPad 2, and I get some high latency when using Audiobus with BeatMaker 2 and certain apps (such as iMS-20).

On the other-hand, MultiTrack Daw seems to have really low CPU usage and I get no latency at all recording into MTD with any of my apps. It's a little fiddly on the editing/arranging side, but it gets the job done. I actually mostly use MTD to layer up / experiment with parts played through Audiobus, and then everything goes into NanoStudio, where editing and arranging is much easier for me.

I blogged quite a bit about it here:

http://whitherwalter.blogspot.com/2013/ ... n-bus.html

In summary, I usually prefer Multitrack, but if you want to do a lot to the sound after recording you might prefer Auria or Meteor.

I just got Beatmaker and I'm not sure I'll like it or not. Its interface has lots of holdovers from its "iPhone" days and its often counter-intuitive. On the plus side, Beatmaker lets you add MIDI tracks to what you record via Audiobus.
iPad/iMac Music blog - http://whitherwalter.blogspot.com

It mainly depends if you mainly play live or use midi to sequence.

If you mainly use midi then cubasis or meteor are good

If you mainly play live then meteor or multitrack probably

Or you could use Auria, but I think that is best saved for mastering.
Instant human just add coffee

I'm on an iPad 3, and Cubasis is excellent. Works every bit as well for me as MTD, but with a lot more features. I love it!!

Thanks for the replies ;) I'm still a bit confused - so many recommendations! Which one to go for? Would be nice if you could demo Apps. I'm on a budget and I won't be using this live, so I guess that narrows things down a little :wink:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”