Using my iPad with Ableton Live

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I have an iPad 2 and have downloaded some very nice synth apps (Korg iMS-20, Animoog, GarageBand) and would like to get the sound into Ableton Live.

I have been trying the camera connector which there are claims all over the internet that this will allow for midi in, but i have not had any luck with this. Connecting the camera connector to my Novation X-Station does produce audio through to Ableton Live but I cannot get midi to work at the same time as this YouTube video shows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byY0MiHvhME)...essentially, I have the exact same setup as this guy does, but I can't get midi in to play the synth app with my X-Station.

So I bought an iRig midi last night and connected things up and midi in works great with that, however the iRig midi does not allow me to output any audio through my X-Station (of course not, that would be too easy).

I do have a Focusrite Saffire 2i4 and Akai MPK49 as a part of my main DAW setup (the X-station was just convenient to use at the time).

Can anybody suggest how best to setup my iPad in my configuration...my ideal setup would be to use that camera connector as in the video above, but that apparently (for some reason) doesn't work for me.

What is the best way to route audio out of my iPad (from the Korg synth app) and into Ableton Live...is there a cable that is available that connects to the audio out from the iPad and into one of the audio ins on my 2i4?

I've tried the same thing and have gotten the same results. Had a couple different midi keys hooked up to cck and/or irig midi and still couldn't get it to do anything useful.

Someone help!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”