Music Apps that are Velocity Sensitive

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking for iPad apps that are velocity sensitive. I'm pretty sure impaktor uses the microphone to be velocity sensitive. Are there any other ones?

NaturalDissolve,

Since iPad is not velocity sensitive what good will it do you to have an app that is?

On my thread: enChord Feature Requests. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=375964

In enChord http://www.avantgardesound.com/
Since there is no pressure or velocity sensitivity on any of the major tablets on the TileBoard (and NoteBoard?) make it so that one option allows the location of the finger strike within each key to determine the midi velocity. This to be configurable by drawing the parameters. If you do velocity please also add sustain, note length, pitch, and pan for each key.

Yeah, there are lots of apps that have it - some do it using the inbuilt mic, and some (like synths) do it with the vertical axis of the key, so the bottom of the key is maximum velocity, and the top minimum.
MIDI capable apps often have it, but you need to have an external keyboard, or controller.
Are there any particular apps, or types of apps that you're interested in?

And some do it by measuring the size of the touch I believe.
Instant human just add coffee

Is that how Orphion does it?
Not got it, but am intrigued by that and the concept.

St3rling wrote:Yeah, there are lots of apps that have it - some do it using the inbuilt mic, and some (like synths) do it with the vertical axis of the key, so the bottom of the key is maximum velocity, and the top minimum.
MIDI capable apps often have it, but you need to have an external keyboard, or controller.
Are there any particular apps, or types of apps that you're interested in?
I would be nice to be able to choose vertical or horizontal axis and everything in between would be even better. To draw a graph with nodes even better than better.

How would the mic work to determine the velocity. By the noise of the tap? I wonder how well that would work.

BiancaNeve wrote:And some do it by measuring the size of the touch I believe.
Completely forget about that possibility. I wonder how well that works. The best scenario would be one where the user can select the various ways to detect midi velocity.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”