AmpliTube is on the bus! Not a typical announcement/news post from us.

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tomorrow, we'll run the official announcement elsewhere and the PR/news that out to the typical outlets as usual. Today, though I wanted to stray from that and shoot a little early to say thanks for everybody that not only had patience but more so for the excitement and push that led us to be on the bus. If you don't have the update yet, or want to check out AmpliTube for the first time (yes, Audiobus support was a showstopper for some), the short trip is to the links at the bottom of this post. But for now, I'll carry on...

Since you are all pretty much "in the know" about Audiobus and mobile music making in general I don't need to say much or explain that "on the bus means that AmpliTube now has Audiobus support. I'm also sure that I don't need to alert many here as you already follow Audiobus closely and probably know when most apps support it as soon as a developer releases the update.

Anyway, thank you for the pre-release support and (most times) patience. :) It is also great to see excitement over this update while people use AmpliTube more in their Audiobus-enabled workflow. We're happy to be here and have been working on getting other apps on the bus as well.

Here's to moving forward, I look forward to people using AmpliTube in any of the three slots available in Audiobus as a step toward making some great and satisfying music.

Rock on and thanks again.

http://www.amplitube.com/ipad

http://www.amplitube.com/iphone

Fantastic news! I'm looking forward to the update.

Does this mean that more apps are to follow?

Carey

careyletendre wrote:Fantastic news! I'm looking forward to the update.

Does this mean that more apps are to follow?

Carey
Yes, we will be bringing Audiobus to apps like SampleTank as soon as possible.

:tu: :party: :hail: :harp:

careyletendre wrote::tu: :party: :hail: :harp:
+1 even for me :)

Loving Amplitube on iPad! Great work guys! <3

Small bug - if Speaker is selected as Output, there is no sound, works great when Loopy is set tho! <3

gdog wrote:Loving Amplitube on iPad! Great work guys! <3

Small bug - if Speaker is selected as Output, there is no sound, works great when Loopy is set tho! <3
I'm not sure if you are having the same issue but I know of one person that reinstalled the app with a similar issue. You would want to back up all your data, etc first of course. Best to contact support if you have any qualms/questions about properly doing so (or you want them to help diagnose more than my armchair version right here :P )

Very happy. I like Amplitube for clean and mid gain, and JamUp for high gain. Great to have such affordable apps that allow us to have such versatility.

AmpKit+.......meh. :lol:

Very, very much looking forward to Sampletank. It's the last piece of the puzzle for me.

Ah yes, I knew you'd be happy, polaris20 :) SampleTank is on the way - there was the 1.4 update and not getting Audiobus into that was hopefully conveyed clearly, I tried to set expectations on that one in a realistic way. The next update seems ambitious but also includes Audiobus from what I've been told so we should be good to go there.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Ah yes, I knew you'd be happy, polaris20 :) SampleTank is on the way - there was the 1.4 update and not getting Audiobus into that was hopefully conveyed clearly, I tried to set expectations on that one in a realistic way. The next update seems ambitious but also includes Audiobus from what I've been told so we should be good to go there.
Yeah I understand about Sampletank; good to know its at least coming soon! Software development as complex as this doesn't grow on trees.

So far so good with Amplitube!

...it is also like squeezing an Orange into a pinhole, managing resources and pushing quality out of mobile devices. These are awesome times we are experiencing as far as music tools go.

We've added a video about the implementation of Audiobus support in AmpliTube now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pC-y89xNb8

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”