Neo-Soul Keys® for iPad Available March 18th

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gospel Musicians releases Neo-Soul Keys for iPad in the Apple App store. You can download all three versions (Mark I Suitcase, Mark I Stage, Wurlitzer 200A) for FREE on a limited use basis.

Neo-Soul Keys for iPad is specifically designed for professional gigging or live studio work. Gospel Musician's goal was to build a professional app that could compete with any hardware synth and/or desktop audio electric piano solution.

Gospel Musicians is one of the first app developers to feature flash memory streaming using Apple CAF lossless format. Gospel Musicians worked directly with Apple's engineers to refine this new custom feature in the iOS, which allows for larger samples to be streamed via the on-board flash memory. Not having to rely solely on a limited amount system RAM resources allows for a more rich and expressive sample playback experience, which almost equals the experience of their desktop predecessor versions. In fact, all but the extended effects are featured in the iPad version. All mechanical effects, Spring Reverb, Chorus, and Vibrato are present.

Screenshot
:

Features:
• 1.25GB of Sample Memory (328.4MB Lossless Compression).
• Up to 8-Velocity layers for sustain samples.
• Dedicated Tine.
• Realistic EP release that decays with time.
• Dedicated Key-up and Key-down mechanical effects.
• Pedal Up and Pedal Resonance noises react with sustain pedal
• Able to play app in the background.
• MIDI Learn.
• Dedicated panic.
• Wi-Fi MIDI capable.
• Ability to save and load presets.
• Treble and Bass Boost.
• Full Retina display.
• Works with iPad 2 and higher.
• Polyphony dependent upon processor, i.e. an iPad 4 optimal

YouTube Video Links:

Overview/Tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyMOz6zycMY

- Live Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er6h03nWPso

Each electric piano will be on sale for $9.99 for an introductory rate. You will be able to run each app on a limited time basis, yet fully functional.
GospelMusicians.com - #1 Site for Gospel Musicians.

NeoSoulKeys.com - One of the Most Authentic, Realistic, and buttery EP

Can you elaborate a bit about the pricing scheme? Does "free on a limited use basis" mean like a demo version, or a lite version or what?

The "Free" Version times out after 2-5 minute sessions, then times out 2-minutes, but it's fully useable.

Each EP is $9.99

Aural Chaos wrote:Can you elaborate a bit about the pricing scheme? Does "free on a limited use basis" mean like a demo version, or a lite version or what?

I already use my iPad 3 for live gigs with iGrand Piano, iElectric Piano and bs-16i.
I have downloaded the demo version of Neo-Soul Keys and it sounds really very good.
However it lacks some functions that, in my experience, are essential for a live use:
- the possibility of choosing the receiving midi channel;
- the possibility of disabling the background audio function.
Otherwise one would be obliged to use Neo-Soul Keys as the only instrument in a live gig and this would be an unacceptable limitation.
Thanks for your kind attention and my congratulations for the great instrument you have created.
Giovanni

carpenzano wrote:I already use my iPad 3 for live gigs with iGrand Piano, iElectric Piano and bs-16i.
I have downloaded the demo version of Neo-Soul Keys and it sounds really very good.
However it lacks some functions that, in my experience, are essential for a live use:
- the possibility of choosing the receiving midi channel;
- the possibility of disabling the background audio function.
Otherwise one would be obliged to use Neo-Soul Keys as the only instrument in a live gig and this would be an unacceptable limitation.
Thanks for your kind attention and my congratulations for the great instrument you have created.
Giovanni
Thanks carpenzano.....It's only Version 1 :wink:

Congrats on your first app! It is really cool to see such rich and dedicated sample libraries starting to make their way into the App Store. Let us know when AudioBus and a recorder with AudioCopy/Paste is added!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Thanks...Much appreciated!

AudioBus is on the books. One thing about releasing an app is that you have to space out features so you can make sure to focus and make the features good when they are out.

AudioBus has been the #1 requested along with MIDI routing. It's on the way!

GospelMusicians wrote: Thanks carpenzano.....It's only Version 1 :wink:
Yes, I know it and, in meantime, I have bought all the three EP and am very happy with them!
But let me add another item to the wish-list for the next release: a "velocity curve" setting.
Thanks again.
Giovanni

Yep...Velocity curve is on the list as well, albeit not so close on the list as many controllers can adjust the velocity curve.

Thanks again for your support!
carpenzano wrote:
GospelMusicians wrote: Thanks carpenzano.....It's only Version 1 :wink:
Yes, I know it and, in meantime, I have bought all the three EP and am very happy with them!
But let me add another item to the wish-list for the next release: a "velocity curve" setting.
Thanks again.
Giovanni

GospelMusicians wrote:Yep...Velocity curve is on the list as well, albeit not so close on the list as many controllers can adjust the velocity curve.
If you have MIDIBridge, you can insert and adjust your own velocity curves, among many other things. FYI...

Just tried this and the Suitcase is really nice. The Stage seems to have some stand-out odd samples between the C and Eb an octave above middle C. The Wurli is nice with a little fine tuning and effects. But the Suitcase is my ootb favorite and is a pleasure to play; I'm definitely getting it.

I'd be curious to know how these compare with the iLectric Piano models. I really don't like the EP's in Sampletank, but then the Pianos in Sampletank aren't in the same class as the ones in iGrand either.

Breeze wrote:If you have MIDIBridge, you can insert and adjust your own velocity curves, among many other things. FYI...
Thanks, Breeze. I'll try it.
Giovanni

Breeze wrote:I'd be curious to know how these compare with the iLectric Piano models. I really don't like the EP's in Sampletank, but then the Pianos in Sampletank aren't in the same class as the ones in iGrand either.
In my opinion, iLectric Piano sounds very well and offers a great choice of EPs (including E Grands, DX7 EPs and Clavinets) and effects. But Neo-Soul Keys is even more realistic and offers the possibility of creating your own sound.
However I'll continue to use iLectric Piano for my live gigs untill the midi routing and the option of disabling background audio will be implemented.

Can it be used without an external keyboard. I can't seem to bring up the internal one.

eigens wrote:Can it be used without an external keyboard. I can't seem to bring up the internal one.
No, you need an external keyboard connected via the Camera Connection Kit, unless you prefer to use a controller app connected via virtual midi or MidiBridge.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”