Cheap Man McThriftyson DAW?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I currently only have a PC with its stock sound card.

I have:
-Cubase
-Reason 4
-Iphone w/ audio recording app
-M Audio midi to USB cord
-old generic keyboard w/ a midi output

Liquidated studio a cpl yrs back, but soon would like to rebuild when my wallet permits..but until then, I am wondering if I can atleast catch songwriting ideas using my Iphone for capturing audio, and my fairly outdated version of cubase and reason 4 to create ideas.

Strictly for catching song ideas and recording demos..mostly w/ guitar, vocals, drum editor and midi effects. This should technically work until I can purchase an audio interface, yes?

I'll probably eventually pick up another motu 828, as it never skipped a beat for me. But until then, I'd still like to use something more than an iphone.

Thoughts, ideas? :shrug:
"You must not only aim aright, but draw the bow with all your might."

I also forgot to mention that I'm rusing the studio.M app on the iphone. I find this app very handy for being a stand alone multitracker.

GarageBand at 4.99 is a no brainier. If you need a better mic, tascam im2 is $30 on amazon (iPhone 4 and 4s).

ha! I didn't even realize garageband was available for the iphone..Dermm.. Already bought it.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”