Camel Audio Releases Alchemy Mobile v2 for iOS

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJzxtIiLpc

Alchemy Mobile v2 is a major update to our free iOS synthesiser for your iPad/iPhone. It features drum pads and a new 4-Track Sequencer for intuitive song creation. We've also added Audiobus support so you can integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio.

The in-app Pro Upgrade let's you save your songs and has lots of extra sounds and songs to remix. To celebrate the release of v2, its on sale for 3 days for just 9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR / 6.99 GBP!

Available in the App Store

New Features - Free
  • • 4-Track Sequencer - Intuitive song sketch pad with mixer and solo/mute.
    • Audiobus Support - Integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio.
    • Drum Pads - Create your own beats.
    • New Presets - Improved sounds including piano, strings, guitar and drum kits.
    • Improved Recording - Overdubbing, song position indicator and adjustable track length.
    • iCloud - Backup and transfer your songs.
    • 8 Demo Songs - Hear what Alchemy Mobile can do.
    • Tutorial - Learn fast.
    • Improved Graphics - Now sharper and clearer.
    • Lower Latency - Snappier performance on iPad3/iPhone 5.
New Features - In-App Pro Upgrade
  • • Song Save - Save and export your songs.
    • Track Save - Save and load individual tracks.
    • Swing - Fine tune your groove with adjustable swing.
    • 8 Extra Demo Songs - Have fun remixing tracks.
    • Latency Control - Balance polyphony vs. latency to make the most of your device's resources.

Nvm
Last edited by BMoore on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

It's awesome. I messed around with it this morning, recorded something into Beatmaker 2 without a hitch. Finally...full fledged mobile production using Alchemy.

Bravo to the Camels! :tu:
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

Very cool! Will there be options for more drum kits in the future?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Desktop libraries with drum kits will transfer across, though I think transferring desktop libraries to Mobile is a Pro feature. I installed Light Space and a few drum kits showed up under the Light Space library!

Another thing to note for Pro is you get an option for expression drum pads. These are long vertical pads which effect the velocity depending on where along the pad you hit. It lets you be a little more creative (and expressive) in your drum patterns.

I did not seem to get new demo songs after re-installing the Pro version. I wonder if I need to delete the app and just start everything over again.

What does "upgrade" mean for the sound libraries? Are there new sounds? Or just data updated to a newer file format? I've noticed the desktop libraries got updated to version 1.55, so wondering if these are all just getting updated to some new format.

Is this a free update for those who already owned Alchemy Mobile Pro?

Great. Thanks.

@bharris22 : there was a <free> 'Pro Upgrade' option in the drop down menu ...

Thanks for the info (and the upgrade!!).

cryophonik wrote:Very cool! Will there be options for more drum kits in the future?
Most likely, yes but not sure when.

Recently I've been playing with Shlomo Beatbox imported to Alchemy Mobile. That is a lot of fun :)

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

iPlogger wrote:I did not seem to get new demo songs after re-installing the Pro version. I wonder if I need to delete the app and just start everything over again.
The Pro Upgrade file, which was updated over the weekend, should include 8 extra demo songs. I'll double check that is working properly.
What does "upgrade" mean for the sound libraries? Are there new sounds? Or just data updated to a newer file format? I've noticed the desktop libraries got updated to version 1.55, so wondering if these are all just getting updated to some new format.
There should only be updates to the Pro and Bonus files, nothing else.

Did you install the actual update from the app store, or is the beta still installed on your device?

Peace,
Andy.

iPlogger wrote:Desktop libraries with drum kits will transfer across, though I think transferring desktop libraries to Mobile is a Pro feature. I installed Light Space and a few drum kits showed up under the Light Space library!
Hey iPlogger... How do the light space kits sound? Did they transfer properly? I haven't tried transferring patches over from the desktop version, but I read on another forum that it's a bit hit and miss as to whether they work properly...

Is it possible to see or set the tempo to the original drum loops tempo?
I get a terrible phasing effect on all loops if the tempo is not exactly on the drum loops original tempo.

And it would be nice if you told people that you can't use Alchemy on an iPad 2 without huge latency.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

@ sazb30 - if you download the Alchemy Player version of the Light Space samples + the individual presets file from your Camel Audio account and install those using the Custom presets option on Mobile sound library list you should find that most of the presets load OK. I think iPlogger reported only 4 or 5 failed to work (being spectral).

@ BMoore - it's not possible to work out the BPM of a drum loop in the app.

I'm assuming the project tempo has been changed, or you've imported a loop that is a different tempo to the current song? This is how it works:

Matching the tempo will play the loop using sampler mode, which is the clearest sound. A non-matching tempo will use granular mode, which can sound OK but sometimes is a bit harsh. For best results make sure the track has rendered (no snowflake on the track selection button).

iPad 2 - we have not had any reports of bad latency with that device. Do you have the Pro Upgrade? It is possible to choose any latency from the app menu with the Pro version, but performance is very much dependent on the number of tracks, the selected preset, and the number of voices.

Peace,
Andy.

Yes I upgraded to the Pro version, but now I regret it.
Even with just a simple drum beat, I can't even change tracks without hickups and clicks, even at a 2048 latency.

Hmm, that doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure biomechanoid (our resident sound designer) has an iPad 1 or 2 and the app is running OK. I will find out more info ASAP.

Peace,
Andy.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”