Camel Audio Releases Alchemy Mobile v2 for iOS

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bharris22 wrote:
samsam wrote:Regarding the Pro, is there any chance of more libraries being added? None of my libraries are currently available for iOS version - I know I can buy other libs but part of the fun was hoping to download my current Alchemy libraries for free :)

Cheers
@Samsam - you can download and use the Alchemy Player version of your desktop Alchemy libraries (even those that are not yet available as Mobile libraries) in the Pro version - see Andy's response and link in his post to me above.
Duh, I should've read the thread. Thanx for pointing that out!

That's excellent, just what I wanted to know. Buying.

Another thing is the iOS sound libraries have fewer sounds than their desktop counterparts so you will most likely want to install the desktop libraries. 50 in mobile libraries compared to 150 in desktop. Not sure how many sounds are included for the libraries with 75 desktop sounds.
ZenPunkHippy wrote:It is now fixed, there is an update ready to download.....it will download in the background while the app is running.
Is this supposed to get downloaded automatically while I am in Alchemy? I didn't have any new item to download a Pro update. I left Alchemy open for awhile and didn't see the new demos. I also removed Alchemy from memory and reloaded. Glad you got it figured out, though.

bharris22 wrote:Thank you so much for this information, Andy. Sorry to be so dense, but do I create the DrumLoopsMobile folder you describe in the ProgramData/Camel Audio folder on my desktop computer? If I only want the loops available on Alchemy Mobile, and not on my desktop version of Alchemy, do I still need to do this step? Thanks again!
I should have mentioned that, sorry. It's just a temporary folder for the purposes of zipping up the WAV loops in the proper folder structure for iOS, so it's not important where you do that.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

shanecgriffo wrote:i'm just playing midi into it via 'midi guitar' app.. so using it as a guitarsynth sound source..
I'll check it out, thanks.
i'm also wondering, as space is getting pretty tight on my ipad3
The renders are stored in a temporary cache, which is cleaned up automatically by iOS. This is one of the reasons iOS 5 is the minimum OS version.

Peace,
Andy.

Got my updates yesterday. Massive updates. This is too cool. Thanks for all the hard work!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

@ Wormhelmet - thanks for the kind words :)
iPlogger wrote:Is this supposed to get downloaded automatically while I am in Alchemy?
The app should be showing the Pro Upgrade file available as an update. That doesn't seem to be working though, so it could be a delay after changing the file name, or it could be a bug in the app - although that functionality hasn't really changed since v1.0 so not sure why. I'll find out.

Peace,
Andy.

Had a blast playing with this today. Great update guys. Thanks for all your hard work!

i'm also wondering, as space is getting pretty tight on my ipad3
The renders are stored in a temporary cache, which is cleaned up automatically by iOS. This is one of the reasons iOS 5 is the minimum OS version.

Peace,
Andy.[/quote]

Cheers, thanks for the info

I've been kept very busy playing with this fantastic update, so much so, I am only now able to stop for long enough to make some posts.
Congratulations to Camel Audio and Andy - hell of a job mate!
I'll leave it a week or two before I start complaining about the things that you didn't include and bombarding you with my hideously long list of requests :)

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
bharris22 wrote:Thank you so much for this information, Andy. Sorry to be so dense, but do I create the DrumLoopsMobile folder you describe in the ProgramData/Camel Audio folder on my desktop computer? If I only want the loops available on Alchemy Mobile, and not on my desktop version of Alchemy, do I still need to do this step? Thanks again!
I should have mentioned that, sorry. It's just a temporary folder for the purposes of zipping up the WAV loops in the proper folder structure for iOS, so it's not important where you do that.

Peace,
Andy.
Thanks, Andy!

"Download failed. Downloading ProUpgrade failed: Unable to determine file tupe (RAR or Zip) for archive"

AGGGHHHHH> 5 times this has happened to me now. Any tips on how I can actually download the bloody Pro upgrade?

Full disclosure: My network connection is slow but each time it downloads about half-way (taking about an hour) then stops.

Cheers

Hi samsam,

The Pro Upgrade file seems to be installing here without any errors. I re-installed the app and restored purchases so this was a normal user installation. So yeah, it could be related to your WiFi connection acting up.

The best thing to do is email support and we can sort it out for you. Thanks, and sorry for the problem.

Peace,
Andy.

^ Thanx Andy - I'm a quarter of the way through a new attempt, I'll see how it goes and then fire off an email if necessary.

and...another failure. Email sent to Camel support ninjas.

Final post here - support sorted it out very promptly and all is now working as planned.

Cheers Andy!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”