Just got a Roland Capture EX

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And I like it!

Its the first day I am playing with it and everything is working fine so far. I have done some recording with a Shure SM 58 and a audio-technica AT2020. Sound quality is very good when recording and playing instruments via MIDI.

I also picked up one of these about a month ago. I kept meaning to post here to say how smoothly it all works both iPad and PC. I'm very happy with it too. :)

I haven't had time to really test it, but so far everything's gone well recording guitars, mics (dynamic & condenser)as well as stereo line inputs. And the Midi is hassle free.

The controls are nicely laid out for me and I like the feel of the level setting pots - pleasantly tactile and seem they would hold position well against accidental knocks or just general clumsiness.

The only thing I'm wondering about is how long it will go on batteries. I'm mostly doing stuff at home, but I'm doing some recordings of birdsong recently so I might find it useful out in the field too. Still time will tell.

Cheers

knockman wrote:The only thing I'm wondering about is how long it will go on batteries. I'm mostly doing stuff at home, but I'm doing some recordings of birdsong recently so I might find it useful out in the field too. Still time will tell.
Cheers
I didnt get much time with batteries at all, maybe 4-5 hours, without phantom power ...
I just went ahead and got an extenal PSU for studio use. No more worries.

Yeah second the above. Great interface. No issues at all.
:)

These are the numbers given in the manual:
-Alkaline batteries
Approximately 1.5 hours (Phantom power = ON)
Approximately 4 hours (Phantom power = OFF)

-Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries
Approximately 3 hours (Phantom power = ON)
Approximately 6 hours (Phantom power = OFF)

Of course these numbers may vary. Personally I expect to use it mainly with an iPad, so it will run on batteries but I may buy the AC adaptor.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”